Su-33 on board CVN-73

Buzzer1977

First approach to land on a carrier and it worked out :-)

How can i get a refuel and a repair on board the George Washington for my Su-33 ?

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, but my bird got stuck on the carrier. Don't know how to get a refuel on the carrier.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

• 4 weeks later...
Nope, but my bird got stuck on the carrier. Don't know how to get a refuel on the carrier.

If it's a mission you made I would think that if you began by designating the USA and Russia as allies that you could get refueled at least but its only a guess.

They don't want you to leave before some folks from HAVE DOUGHNUT can fly out from Groom Lake to take a look at your plane.;)

XsGDjia.gif

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Yes it is. If you already have FC3 then you already have the Su_33.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Yeah, the same SU-33. But what we are trying to do is use it with a US Super Carrier not a Russia one.

Yes, I understand the thread issue.

I'm new to DCS, and I'm particular interested in the carrier ops, and thinking about buying FC3 or instead, just purchase the F-15C and the SU-27 standalone versions, then the Supercarrier with the Su-33; I don't think I will ever use all planes form the FC3 package. That was the reason of my question. By the way, the Supercarrier also includes a Russian carrier doesn't it? Doesn't it have the same features, like the crew animations and all that?

By the way, the Supercarrier also includes a Russian carrier doesn't it? Doesn't it have the same features, like the crew animations and all that?

You know..that's something I haven't messed around with. I just fire up the old DCS World and drop the Russian SuperCarrier into a mission and see what happens. Be back with my report later.

By the way, the Supercarrier also includes a Russian carrier doesn't it? Doesn't it have the same features, like the crew animations and all that?

I don't see any any crew here with me on the Kuznetsov. Though, you can add objects to the deck like various types of aircraft and generators etc.

k2.thumb.jpg.a3f1677b02b97767b9ed47b584d2936e.jpg

407811103_dcskuznetsov.thumb.jpg.d99540bf079f3eee1a4fee5517539a45.jpg

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

In Mission editor you can populate the Kuzentsov deck with carrier crew and planes etc. The crew are animated but as far as I know they don't interact with you....at least not like on the US carriers with the catapult.

Here's my Su-33 that just landed on deck. You can see an example of how you could populate the carrier. I just did this very quickly. You could do better.

1.thumb.jpg.7f10693a1f685cfea36bb0d3d29fce3a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2175b3406a7c22529e7ccc2153408468.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.ad2bbb70c6af5c73cc628a538a39a6b6.jpg

Doesn't look bad... if we the arrestor cables work, and are animated, it's ok...

I mean, it's not the primary feature of the Supercarrier package, so it's fine.

Well, here's how the CVN George Washington looks with a little action on the deck. I made this video just now using a Mission which I made in the editor designed for multiple practice uses. I can use it for practicing takeoffs, landing (case I - III), air refueling and a whatever weapons I care to load up for both air and ground targets.

${1}

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

Looks awesome... but I see an fps counter on the top right reading 16fps...

Is that flyable with 16/17fps on the deck?

I saw the fps rising after take off, but still I wonder how it is to land in a crowded deck like that...

Or does that fps refers only to the movie not the game?

I setup I mission with a flight of 4 F-18s AI's taking off.

All the animated ground crew was there at the 4 catapults, and I got 30fps on the deck on the external view.

I wonder how it is if I'm inside one of the planes in multiplayer (I don't have the F-18 yet)...

Edited by Muas

Looks awesome... but I see an fps counter on the top right reading 16fps...

Is that flyable with 16/17fps on the deck?

I saw the fps rising after take off, but still I wonder how it is to land in a crowded deck like that...

Or does that fps refers only to the movie not the game?

I setup I mission with a flight of 4 F-18s AI's taking off.

All the animated ground crew was there at the 4 catapults, and I got 30fps on the deck on the external view.

I wonder how it is if I'm inside one of the planes in multiplayer (I don't have the F-18 yet)...

Yeah...That fps is the game on my PC, unfortunately...it's pretty low but once I get in the air fps stays around 40. Which believe it or not is quite a bit better than my other PC that I use to use for DCS. I'm not even sure it will run DCS anymore. I'm looking into getting a faster PC at the moment.

The crowded deck? ...Well I've crashed into and set a few AI planes afire parked on the deck a number of times. Especially when after the AI wingmen return to base before I do. They seem to like to land and then turn around and drive back to park their F-18s on that starboard corner at the stern, right next to the start of the landing strip.

Sometimes when returning from a mission with my wingmen, I send them to go refuel with a tanker instead, which have set up in that mission, so they'll stay out of my way while I try to land. lol!