Very low FPS in module DCS MiG-21Bis on powerful PC

RussianKnights

Hi Guys,

first sorry for my poor English. I have problem with FPS in module DCS: Mig-21Bis. I use ultra settings and my FPS is lowest 24 frame per second (in cockpit).

My HW is:

CPU: Intel i9-9900K (without OC)

MB: ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming

RAM: DDR4 Kingstone 32GB, 3133MHz, CL15

GPU: ASUS Rog Strix RTX2080S OC (with latest Nvidia driver)

Others: TiR5, SaitekX56 + pedals

Please low FPS in DCS MiG-21Bis is regular bug (bad optimalization)? In other modules I have no problem with FPS. My PC is primary on DSC :D

Thank you for answer.

Motherboard: ASUS Rog STRIX Z390E GAMING Processor: Intel i9-9900K (without OC) RAM: DDR4 Kingstone 32GB, 3133MHz, CL15 Graphics Card: ASUS Rog Strix RTX2080S OC Joy: Saitek X56 PRO + Pedals TrackIR: 5PRO + TrackClipPro OS: Windows 10 PRO x64 bit My DCS dreams: MiG-23MLA, MiG-29S, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24, Su-25, Su-27, Mirage F1, Tornado IDS, Mil Mi-2, Mil Mi-24P and new maps: Central Europe (1970 - 1990), Vietnam (1960 - 1980), Afghanistan, Cuba, Kaliningrad and more new 3d AI models :)

The MiG-21 has had a history of lower performance than other modules. But it is in the process of being re-worked to correct errors in the cockpit and optimize the programming.

24 frames is pretty low though. Does it improve if you turn the mirror off?

The MiG-21 has had a history of lower performance than other modules. But it is in the process of being re-worked to correct errors in the cockpit and optimize the programming.

24 frames is pretty low though. Does it improve if you turn the mirror off?

Hi,

i have low FPS (in MiG-21Bis) with turn off mirror.

Molnija

Motherboard: ASUS Rog STRIX Z390E GAMING Processor: Intel i9-9900K (without OC) RAM: DDR4 Kingstone 32GB, 3133MHz, CL15 Graphics Card: ASUS Rog Strix RTX2080S OC Joy: Saitek X56 PRO + Pedals TrackIR: 5PRO + TrackClipPro OS: Windows 10 PRO x64 bit My DCS dreams: MiG-23MLA, MiG-29S, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24, Su-25, Su-27, Mirage F1, Tornado IDS, Mil Mi-2, Mil Mi-24P and new maps: Central Europe (1970 - 1990), Vietnam (1960 - 1980), Afghanistan, Cuba, Kaliningrad and more new 3d AI models :)

I cannot refer to that either. If anything, with recent update my FPS went up and even in VR game is smooth and performs well.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 2 months later...

For anyone who hasn't seen this posted in any of the other threads: the interim solution is to roll back video drivers to 442.16 or prior.

With 438.something I've never experienced any FPS drop associated with the radar.

For anyone who hasn't seen this posted in any of the other threads: the interim solution is to roll back video drivers to 442.16 or prior.

With 438.something I've never experienced any FPS drop associated with the radar.

BIG THX, it works with 441.20

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, so the solution is to roll back to a graphics driver with multiple severe security flaws and expose your computer to hacks that were patched out in the more recent drivers? Looks like I picked bad time to try this plane out. :/

If video drivers cause security flaws, maybe we are using the wrong gpu. I would think the "GeForce Experience" would be the source of security issues, and that updates independently.

But my home pc exists for one reason: to play fight sims. I will use the driver that works best with my flight sims. If it somehow gets hacked despite being behind a router and firewall, I will just wipe the drive and start over. I have a work laptop whose job is to be "safe".

Other issues forced me to go back to an earlier driver. Based on someone else's experience, I chose 436.30, and it not only solved the problems I was hoping to fix, but made a lot of other things work better, too, including DCS World. Older hardware tends to run better on older drivers that were optimized for that hardware. Unless you are playing a newer game that requires a fix in a more recent driver, it is often better to stay with a mature, stable driver that offers optimum performance for older hardware.

Having said that, I am still curious to see if the latest drivers solved my other problems and maybe equals or beats the performance of my old driver while also adding some new features. But I would rather spend time flying the MiG-21 than testing various drivers, and I have been having a blast flying the MiG-21 with VR in multiplayer with fairly good performance and enjoying the upgraded cockpit/canopy glass.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Other issues forced me to go back to an earlier driver. Based on someone else's experience, I chose 436.30, and it not only solved the problems I was hoping to fix, but made a lot of other things work better, too, including DCS World.

Sounds like I'll have to give that a shot, then.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 1 month later...

It can never be a solution to roll back driver.

It seems this bug has been arounf for some month now.

The devs should step up at fix this.

Right now with my high-end PC it is literally unplayable with the rada turned on.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I have tested fix for the radar issue prior to the weekend and from what I was told it was submitted to be included in the upcoming patch or the one after. I hope for a good feedback from you guys :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

I have tested fix for the radar issue prior to the weekend and from what I was told it was submitted to be included in the upcoming patch or the one after. I hope for a good feedback from you guys :)

Sounds great- will report back once we got the update.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I just did a quick test in the new Syria Dogfight IA, and as a reflex I went to the radar switch but to my surprise I noticed good framerate even with the radar on (I had overlooked this change in the patch notes).

So far so good, it seems :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I noticed good framerate even with the radar on (I had overlooked this change in the patch notes).

So far so good, it seems :thumbup:

Sorry, can't confirm. Before the patch I had almost constantly bad framerates with the MiG-21 with radar on, now there are phases of 5-10 seconds where it runs smoothly, then stutters for another 5-10 seconds, and so on.

I tried downgrading the visuals to see if that helps (visibility to medium, shadows off, trees to 40%), but it did not affect performance at all. Then radar to off, voila, excellent frames.

Sorry Magnitude, but you still have to invest some time into that (I know you do, newsletter said it's WIP). Hang in there guys.

That's OK. We need all the feedback so keep it coming guys.

If you can please keep submitting tracks and logs. That may help us as well.

That's OK. We need all the feedback so keep it coming guys.

If you can please keep submitting tracks and logs. That may help us as well.

I confirm what Pilot Ike said.

Track and log attached.

RADARMig21.trk

dcs.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I don't have track files, but I was experiencing decent frames with radar on at high altitudes, but as soon as I descended and started picking up ground clutter things went back to slideshow mode...turning the radar off cleared it right up.

No track eiither...

But I also see degrading FPS with the radar turned on.

A few seconds after the radar is turned on, FPS dips from 80 to 20 FPS.

After a while it returns to 80 FPS, but then periodically dips to 20.

It seems more apperant flying at low altitudes, but there is no clear reason for why it happens.