[AKNOWLEDGED]Cars of England drive on the right side of the road

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I didnt notice it at first, since on my country we drive on the right ... but today I noticed that the vehicles should be driving on the left side:

rK2zCxr.jpg

fEJkFTU.jpg

Not a big deal, but I mention it anyway, just in case it is easy to fix.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Hi, we have mentioned this to the team.

It is not an easy fix currently, all vehicles use the same on the map, to have different areas with different directions would require new code.

Is it worth the dev time? I will leave that to the team to decide :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I agree, this isnt a really big deal, I flew for a few days before noticing it :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

They were off their heads back in them days, drove wherever they damn well pleased what what!

Alot less potholes you see old chap

In what way has this changed any?

Serves the British right for establishing a standard before we were around to set them right. So to speak.

:thumbup: :pilotfly:

In what way has this changed any?

Serves the British right for establishing a standard before we were around to set them right. So to speak.

:thumbup: :pilotfly:

The standard was set by gentlemen travelling on horseback in the days of old. Most people are right handed, so if you ride on the left side of the road and another horseman is approaching, you can draw your sword and defend yourself if the other traveller turns out to be a brigand.

That's where it came from and has stuck ever since.

• Like 1

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Not quite

Not that much as long as the traffic is in a non-interactable ghost mode.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

As painful as it is to write, the british are driving on the correct side. But it wasn't their choice. It was the way the Romans then French (Normands) were doing for centuries at that time when UK was part of their colonies. It's all US fault apparently that we are now all driving the wrong way. There is an excellent article about that on wiki.

Anyway, back to topic. Yeah, absolutely worthless of ED's team effort.

• Like 2

As painful as it is to write, the british are driving on the correct side. But it wasn't their choice. It was the way the Romans then French (Normands) were doing for centuries at that time when UK was part of their colonies. It's all US fault apparently that we are now all driving the wrong way. There is an excellent article about that on wiki.

Anyway, back to topic. Yeah, absolutely worthless of ED's team effort.

I heard the legend, because most people are right handed if you pass on the left on your horse it’s easier to draw your sword than if you pass on the right. It’s only like urban legend

The standard was set by gentlemen travelling on horseback in the days of old. Most people are right handed, so if you ride on the left side of the road and another horseman is approaching, you can draw your sword and defend yourself if the other traveller turns out to be a brigand.

That's where it came from and has stuck ever since.

If those actually were gentlemen, they would have done this in order to shake hands...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/7/2020 at 12:43 PM, BIGNEWY said:

It is not an easy fix currently, all vehicles use the same on the map, to have different areas with different directions would require new code.
Is it worth the dev time? I will leave that to the team to decide 🙂

Well, I may be the only one who's immersion is completely broken by all those drunk rookies driving unsafe on the roads of Southern England.😉 But there's another reason why I take up the topic: 14 months have passed since and the Channel Map is announced to transit out of EA in short time. Maybe that is the time to reconsider this bug? It may have been acceptable for EA, but somewhat embarassing in the official release?
And maybe one of the devs comes up with a solution that isn't as work costly as thought initially? And after all, they write new code every day, isn't that their job? 😉

• Like 1

• ED Team

As mentioned it is reported, but it will require dev time, and we just dont have that currently for a lower priority issue. 

I would suggest turning civilian traffic off if it breaks immersion to much as a work around. 

Edit: I have bumped the report internally, but can make no promises. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Haha, the 'immersion breaker' was a little hyperbolic, of course. If I had to choose between, let's say flexwings for the Spitfire and correct traffic, I'd certainly go for the first. But thanks anyway for giving another attempt in bumping! 👍
For a simulation that gives so much on detail, like exhaust flames changing their color, it's just like a movie 'goof'. But a movie is final and you have the chance to correct.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-1775 said:

Haha, the 'immersion breaker' was a little hyperbolic, of course. If I had to choose between, let's say flexwings for the Spitfire and correct traffic, I'd certainly go for the first. But thanks anyway for giving another attempt in bumping! 👍
For a simulation that gives so much on detail, like exhaust flames changing their color, it's just like a movie 'goof'. But a movie is final and you have the chance to correct.

During the battle of Britain, British drivers were encouraged to drive on the right side of the road in order to confuse the Luftwaffe into thinking they were over the mainland and mistakenly land at a British airfield. To further the illusion the War Office also provided VW stickers for drivers to place over the griffin logo on their Vauxhalls and outdoor diners had their breakfast sausages cut long and twisted in a bow so that they would be mistaken for pretzels from above.

• Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I heard the legend, because most people are right handed if you pass on the left on your horse it’s easier to draw your sword than if you pass on the right. It’s only like urban legend
Why would you consider it to be an urban legend?
Just kidding, one's gotta love history though.
Coolest story must be the way the Swedes switched.

https://www.history.com/news/why-do-some-countries-drive-on-the-left-side-of-the-road

https://www.worldstandards.eu/cars/driving-on-the-left/

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

and outdoor diners had their breakfast sausages cut long and twisted in a bow so that they would be mistaken for pretzels from above.

Excellent excuse for a crash landing: I tried too long to spot the 'pretzels'! 😂