Blotchy flickering Cloud Shadows at night in Persian Gulf Map

overalien

I have flickering of cloud shadows dancing in random blotches on the ground over lit areas - this happens when flying a night (dawn) mission. (2.5.2. OB Persian Gulf Map) -

anyone else have this or know how to fix?

My Rig is running SLI with the STALKER compat BIT and forced AFR2. It is unlplayable at night in lit areas on the new Persian Gulf Map.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I have flickering of cloud shadows dancing in random blotches on the ground over lit areas - this happens when flying a night (dawn) mission. (2.5.2. OB Persian Gulf Map) -

anyone else have this or know how to fix?

My Rig is running SLI with the STALKER compat BIT and forced AFR2. It is unlplayable at night in lit areas on the new Persian Gulf Map.

Yes I think I know what you mean, night time looks terribly messed up due to the lighting shimmering all over the place as one congealed mass blob. Devs are aware of the problem and have been for some time I think, though I do worry that if they knew how to fix it, they would have done so by now! Really hope thats not the case, as persian gulf is just made for night flights!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Yes I think I know what you mean, night time looks terribly messed up due to the lighting shimmering all over the place as one congealed mass blob. Devs are aware of the problem and have been for some time I think, though I do worry that if they knew how to fix it, they would have done so by now! Really hope thats not the case, as persian gulf is just made for night flights!

I disabled SLI since the cloud flicker came back. Is it still going on with the latest update?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I think I have the same problem... but I have a nvidia 1080 and a 3440x1440, try different setting of antialising and everything off, try different nvidia driver (388.71) and the most recent and the problem the same...

${1}
]

Capture.thumb.PNG.0fd4a92ebb57402b79598c098bf68cd5.PNG

Edited by mastercosta

OZOMASTER

A10C||F-14C||F-16C||F/A-18C||AV-8B||ASJ37||M-2000C||MIG15||MIG19||MIG21||F5-E||F86||FC3||P51D||Fw190||Fw190 A8||Bf109 D9||Spitfire||UH-1H||Mi8||GAZELLE||BShark2||CA||YAK52||CEagle2||L39||C101||i16||Supercarrier||

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINDOWS10 HOME ||asus GTX 1080|| 3440x1440 34' ||sixcore i7-3930k 3.2GHz || asus sabertooth x79 || 32GbRAM 2133Mhz || TM warthog || saitek cessna pedals || trackIR 5