How to setup TIR for DCS A10

Fish

Some people have had questions about my TIR Setup, and I have made this video to show how TIR is setup and tuned, using the A10 profile as an example.

• Like 4

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Well sir,I've learned sooo much from your videos. That calm voice and now I have face to associate it with! U r great.

System Specs :

Processor ; Intel®Core i7-3930 CPU@ 3.20GHz.

RAM -16.0 GB

Type-64bit

GPU-GTX 970

Never eject over a village you've just bombed - US Marines Gen.

+1 Very clear and helpful. This will save people a lot of time. Good stuff!

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Fish, can you please tell me how you move along the side of the pit when you've zoomed in with the TrackIR please, what key or key combination, thanks.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 memory OC @ 1648MHz

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC @ 4.4xxMHz

Nvidia GTX 590 3GB

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Motherboard

Crucial 128GB SSHD

Care to share your profile?

Been using trackir for years... but have clearly not been using it very cleverly.

Cheers.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Fish, can you please tell me how you move along the side of the pit when you've zoomed in with the TrackIR please, what key or key combination, thanks.

You can map the 'Absolute Longitude Shift Camera View' map to a slider or rotary, or map shift camera back and forward to keys of your choice,

Video 16:30

Video 17:00

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Excellent video. I have always found the TrackIR to be tricky to use and setup. I've used your profile but it's weird, after I turn my virtual head past about 90 degrees or so, my head starts to roll. For zoom, I use the mic thumb button on the throttle of the TM Warthog to zoom in and out. The less actual movement of my head the better. Anyways, thanks for posting. Same goes for all of your videos.

Edited by Fuzzysham

I've noticed how much of a higher resolution your camera has compared to mine. I'm getting a little "jumping" when I try to keep my head steady (especially when clicking buttons) Is that because of the Track IR 5 camera?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Sure, its at the bottom of this post.

Thanks mate, they are nice to use as a template ;)

I set up a new profile using some of your ideas last night. Very interesting, especially switching the zoom functions about. But i must admit having the longitudinal zoom on my slider rather than TrackIR was difficult to utilise.. defiantly needs some tweaking and getting used to. I'll need to fine tune the axis on the HOTAS to limit its speed and range i think.

I appreciate the video.. always interesting to find someone else using the same hardware in quite a different way.

EDIT: Fish, this post. only contains your BS profile. Just letting you know,

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I was having serious problems with TIR - it felt like the camera would get stuck in 'notches', moving my head around would cause massive misalignment on return to center... someone suggested to me to try using One:One, and it really does work pretty well. You'll have to increase the sensitivity of it a few times (go to each axis and click the up arrow five times or so), but it made it all feel a lot better, I can actually get away without recentering every 10 seconds (more like every 20 now...).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..........EDIT: Fish, this post. only contains your BS profile. Just letting you know,

Cheers for heads up. Updated now contains BS and A10 profiles.

:thumbup:

Edited by Fish
  • Like 2

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

Great vid..:thumbup: +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: