Individual Airport Addons

Woogey

Hey Guys,

A while back (when NTTR was still in beta) Wags had made a comment about bringing a feature to the sim of individual Airport Addons. Has this idea gone by the wayside? It was a great idea, and would be a much welcome addition to add missing bases such as NAS Fallon, NAWC China Lake, and the famous Edwards AFB, but also to be able to bring additional detail and accuracy to the Myriad of Civilian airports in each of the maps. Really seems like a missed opportunity on the part of ED.

I don't think adding just an airport in the low-detail area is any useful. Even less so in the flat over-the-map-border area. That would look bad imho. But I get it could be used for some missions to route AI to/from such AFB.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Even for low detail areas of our maps, I for one would purchase airfield add ons that are detail wise, on par with the main ones in the maps main area, as already mentioned regards Nevada, the ability to launch from China Lake, high level transit into NTTR, and land at Nellis would be great, and select other airfields could also be done, as long as they are not too far out (like launching from Lemoore or Miramar for example).

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

what we finally need is an airfield extension/assets/realistic ground lay out and environment pack or call it what you want - but especially for caucasus. the airfields over there are very "arcade" and have not very much to do with the reality (all of them are former soviet airforce bases) - except of the added 4 "new" which were no relicts from former lock on times. .

Edited by flanker1

I would like to see them for making AI bases in the hinterlands/edges of maps to expand possible scenarios on all maps, with a collection of airfield assets to use for regular fields as well, for both modern and WWII scenes.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hey Guys,

A while back (when NTTR was still in beta) Wags had made a comment about bringing a feature to the sim of individual Airport Addons. Has this idea gone by the wayside? It was a great idea, and would be a much welcome addition to add missing bases such as NAS Fallon, NAWC China Lake, and the famous Edwards AFB, but also to be able to bring additional detail and accuracy to the Myriad of Civilian airports in each of the maps. Really seems like a missed opportunity on the part of ED.

I like adding Fallon and China Lake to Nevada Map.

But how about extending the detailed area of the Nevada Map southward over the deserts to MCAS Yuma and then straight west over San Diego to include about a 1976-1990 version of NAS Miramar -- "Fightertown USA", Top Gun? And then extend the map over the Pacific Ocean out about 250 NM, to include San Nicolas, San Clemente and Santa Catalina Islands. This would make a good long stretch of Map to fly long missions in requiring inflight refueling...from 200 NM off shore San Diego to NAS Fallon in northern Nevada. That should be some 700 NM. Don't include high details north of about 30 NM north of Miramar, to save drive space. So just a rough satellite image of the Los Angeles basin, not really meant to be flown over at low altitudes.

Make NAS Miramar a very detailed air base with animated ground vehicles and personnel, so that we can operate F-14's, A-4's, F-5E's and F-18's just like they belonged there. Visiting F-15's, F-16's, A-10's and AV-8B's would fit right in, too. And future F-4 Phantoms and F-8 Crusaders, as well as A-7 Corsair II's and A-6 Intruders would be right at home there, as well. And tie-up a couple moderately-detailed supercarriers to North Island, in San Diego Bay, containing NAS North Island. Can somewhat minimize the details of San Diego suburban areas to save on drive space. The details would be concentrated around NAS Miramar, NAS North Island, and Lindbergh Field.

This would all go great with Supercarrier. And, of course, Nellis AFB is right in the middle of it.

• 1 month later...
I like adding Fallon and China Lake to Nevada Map.

But how about extending the detailed area of the Nevada Map southward over the deserts to MCAS Yuma and then straight west over San Diego to include about a 1976-1990 version of NAS Miramar -- "Fightertown USA", Top Gun? And then extend the map over the Pacific Ocean out about 250 NM, to include San Nicolas, San Clemente and Santa Catalina Islands. This would make a good long stretch of Map to fly long missions in requiring inflight refueling...from 200 NM off shore San Diego to NAS Fallon in northern Nevada. That should be some 700 NM. Don't include high details north of about 30 NM north of Miramar, to save drive space. So just a rough satellite image of the Los Angeles basin, not really meant to be flown over at low altitudes.

Make NAS Miramar a very detailed air base with animated ground vehicles and personnel, so that we can operate F-14's, A-4's, F-5E's and F-18's just like they belonged there. Visiting F-15's, F-16's, A-10's and AV-8B's would fit right in, too. And future F-4 Phantoms and F-8 Crusaders, as well as A-7 Corsair II's and A-6 Intruders would be right at home there, as well. And tie-up a couple moderately-detailed supercarriers to North Island, in San Diego Bay, containing NAS North Island. Can somewhat minimize the details of San Diego suburban areas to save on drive space. The details would be concentrated around NAS Miramar, NAS North Island, and Lindbergh Field.

This would all go great with Supercarrier. And, of course, Nellis AFB is right in the middle of it.

^^^THIS suggestion! I just messed my pants. Gimmie a cigarette.

^^^THIS suggestion! I just messed my pants. Gimmie a cigarette.

LMAO :beer:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

• 4 weeks later...

Static addons

I'd like to see more static addons for the airfields we already have. For example aircraft that are being repaired, new airport vehicles, maintenance workers for the airfield, an actual tower to add as a live aircraft where you can program radio freq. yourself, better ATC, light fixtures you can place around the field that work at night time, security trucks for the airfield. Just saying in my humble opinion.