Through The Inferno (Dynamic DCS) - Public US Server

deadlyfishes

Just want to thank you guys for this server... I had one of my most memorable moments in DCS last week....

Me and my two buddies were flying around in the F-18C kind of unsure of what we were doing before heading to a random mission when a guy in a helicopter contacted one of my wingmen and asked if we could support him in taking an objective. We obliged the random helicopter pilot's request and were rewarded with the first truly dynamic CAS mission in DCS multiplayer that I can remember. He dropped troops and called that he was taking fire from the city, we confirmed and started rolling in one after the other dropping bombs, firing guns and rockets in an effort to support the troops on the ground until we were winchester. I am unsure if we were 100% successful (there was still some sporadic fire), but damn was it fun!

I think this is the first time it wasn't just attacking static ground targets where you always know where they are...

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great PvE server!

Just a heads-up about the Hornet, the team kills are a little out of hand with the F/A-18C. Just my opinion, but maybe the "kick back to spectator" doesn't send a strong enough message.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Thanks for the great PvE server!

Just a heads-up about the Hornet, the team kills are a little out of hand with the F/A-18C. Just my opinion, but maybe the "kick back to spectator" doesn't send a strong enough message.

I'd wait until after IFF is introduced. A lot of new pilots that aren't intending to shoot down friendlies but are simply learning the systems and mistaking others for bandits. Plus the Hornet's radar will sometimes shift lock to a nearby aircraft without you realizing it. NCTR and IFF should solve this.

Can the Mirages be switched to France so we get more livery options instead of just Peru?

The "Unlocked Liveries" mod on our homepage will allow you to use ALL countries' skins for all aircraft on our server. This works on other servers as well.

Enjoy!

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Any plans for an European or East-Coast server? My ping is really bad. Thanks

Intel i7-13700k | Zotac Trinity RTX 4090 | Asrock B660 Steel Legend | 32Gb RAM 3600 | 2TB NVMe + 2TB SSD + 8TB HDD | Corsair TX850M | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | LG 4K OLED 48CX8LC

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL

I've enjoyed my time with the single-player missions, but stepping up to the server for the first time tonight was a real hoot. I'll definitely be back.

I noticed that I took off from a public Tarawa slot, but TACAN channel 9 (public Tarawa in the kneeboard) took me to the other one, and 10 was the one I took off from. Have they gotten mixed up?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 2 months later...

Huey's on Tarawa?

Been having a good time on your server. Thanks for the work and hosting. Any chance we can get some Marine Corps Huey's for troop transport based on the Tarawa? With so many Dynamic missions why is the server restart 6 hours?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Been having a good time on your server. Thanks for the work and hosting. Any chance we can get some Marine Corps Huey's for troop transport based on the Tarawa? With so many Dynamic missions why is the server restart 6 hours?

Go to our official website, and go to the mod page to get the "Unlocked Liveries Mod" as I mentioned above you can use this mod to use ANY SKIN for ALL AIRCRAFT on any MP or SP mission.

http://www.throughtheinferno.com/mods

"Through The Inferno"

Looking for some help connecting ...

For about 2 weeks I have been trying unsuccessfully to connect to this server. I load in to the select role screen, select a role, view the briefing, and when pressing the "Fly" button -- DCS crashes. It doesn't seem to matter what role, what my settings are (VR or regular monitor), DCS always crashes. I am able to spectate just fine from the select role, but when pressing Fly to load in ... game crashes. No other servers crash for me (DDCS, aerobatics, etc ... all fine). Is there something I need to download or configure?

I am running the open beta. Thanks very much.

EDIT: Evidently I had been trying to connect to the Aus TTI server. When I noticed the ping around 300, the light in my head turned on. I blame not seeing this earlier on my Rift ...

Edited by Avarien

Hey guys,

So i'm wanted to try Air to Ground on your server today. The problem is, when I write -intel, nothing happens. A notification showed up, that a new air to ground mission was initializising. I typed -intel again, nothing happened.

Others typed -intel as well, and it worked for them.

I'm flying in an F/A-18 if that matters

Any help?

Thanks

Hey guys,

So i'm wanted to try Air to Ground on your server today. The problem is, when I write -intel, nothing happens. A notification showed up, that a new air to ground mission was initializising. I typed -intel again, nothing happened.

Others typed -intel as well, and it worked for them.

I'm flying in an F/A-18 if that matters

Any help?

Thanks

Just to be sure....you type -intel in "chat All" (think that´s what it´s called...have a different language) not in the chat window of your own alliance?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Hey!

I have a problem with your server. After about 5-10 minutes of playing, i get a disconnect. This happens other players too?

Thanks

I get disconnected. Seems like a time out disconnect for me.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

I was disconnected three times last night then gave up.

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-6700k (4.00GHz @ 4.60GHz)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080i Black Gaming Edition

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 1151

G.SKILL 32GB (4 x 8GB) TridentZ DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz

SAMSUNG 850 Series 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC I (SSD)

TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller

Windows 10 Pro v. 1803

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys.

I used to fly on your caucasus Server and it now says I am BANNED upon connection. I have no idea why.

Can someone inform me as to why ? is this a bug ? what wrong have i done ?

thanks a lot for your time

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Last night, on the non-beta server, Sochi was being invaded and Piper dropped a bunch of troops near the base to fight off the invasion. I don't blame him, really, but the troops of course strayed into combat and then generated a bunch of team-kills for the folks ground pounding the enemy.

My question is... it does seem as though dropping troops would be a good idea, would it be possible to set ground troops invincible to friendly fire?

Cru

Hello all,

Last night, on the non-beta server, Sochi was being invaded and Piper dropped a bunch of troops near the base to fight off the invasion. I don't blame him, really, but the troops of course strayed into combat and then generated a bunch of team-kills for the folks ground pounding the enemy.

My question is... it does seem as though dropping troops would be a good idea, would it be possible to set ground troops invincible to friendly fire?

Cru

It's not possible as far as i know to set unit invincibility to player friendly fire.

for now, just be careful and mindful of blue on blue. They deal with this IRL and it should be part of your ground attack tactics.

If it becomes a serious problem for everyone and the entire server overall we'll look into it further. Otherwise, it's not as big of an issue right now for our server.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 months later...

We enjoy your server but there are a few annoyances that prevent our wing from flying more on it.

First, why do you not force clients to use SRS. There are too many people on the server that neither text or use voice comms. If you want realism you should force SRS. The texting thing is really silly in a study sim.

Second, it might be a good idea to reduce the weather or statics; frame rate can be bad at times.

These are meant to be constructive criticisms in an effort to improve the overall sim play.

cheers

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR