Fence In/Fence Out Times

sgilewicz

I've looked through the manual, Chuck's Guide and dozens of internet searches but haven't found a definitive answer to "when" to call fence in and fence out. I would think that fence in would be called after reaching the fence in waypoint and prior to the IP and fence out would be called after the egress point has been reached. If this is incorrect please set me straight. Thanks!

Radial Madness

Entering the hostile area for example leaving Kuwait to enter Irag you would fence in and vice versa. Caveat for DCS is it's a game so its not so cut and dried as IRL.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Fencing in is at the discretion of the flight lead. It signifies the transition of the flight from administrative environment into a tactical environment. If you're leading the flight then you're best time to fence in is once the flight is rejoined and well before you expect any hostile contact so that you're flight is prepared if bad guys show up earlier than expected.

When do you recommend fencing out? And thanks for the explanations!

Whenever you have to expect hostile contact. So for example if you approach the border to hostile territory you would want to fence in well before, so that your flight is ready for contact when crossing the border. If you have to expect hostile contact even within friendly territory you would want to fence in much earlier. It all depends on the situation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg