Is the A-10C textures/cockpit/raindrops update still planned?

Gliptal

It was not my intention to start such a big off-topic when I exposed the subscription idea, I was simply asking for the promised a-10c upgrade: It was expected for the end of 2018 and now it's nearly June 2019. I Just say I'd prefer to pay for an a-10c upgrade I can enjoy right now rather than for an f-16 preorder I could not fly until november.

Edited by nessuno0505

We're not different at all. You don't see value where I see value. It's as simple as that. Neither of us are wrong. The market will decide. It always does.

Well said

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

It was not my intention to start such a big off-topic when I exposed the subscription idea, I was simply asking for the promised a-10c upgrade: It was expected for the end of 2018 and now it's nearly June 2019. I Just say I'd prefer to pay for an a-10c upgrade I can enjoy right now rather than for an f-16 preorder I could not fly until november.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions...

;)

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Does it give anyone else hope that they are adding features to the KA50 as a purchasable upgrade? Seems like they are dipping their toe in the water maybe?

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Well, you have to understand that the Shark has been being fought over for 11 years now. I've been fighting to get igla's and a third pylon on it for those 11 years. Others for the MLWS. And a lot of us for FLIR.

It's the module that has always felt so defenseless and incomplete. You can't even do night missions with it. AI copters smack it out of the air like it's nothing ( because you can't ever get a lock on them! )

Well, I'm not sure if I'll get the Ka-50 upgrade right away, just because I haven't flown that chopper much lately.

But if they were going to announce a newer suite of the A-10C with JHMCS, day-one-purchase for me no matter the price (within reason, obviously) :D

Well, I'm not sure if I'll get the Ka-50 upgrade right away, just because I haven't flown that chopper much lately.

But if they were going to announce a newer suite of the A-10C with JHMCS, day-one-purchase for me no matter the price (within reason, obviously) :D

An idea that’s been nixed repeatedly by ED...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 3 months later...

Most excellent news today! https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4035560#post4035560 Post #215

"DCS: A-10C Graphic Updates

One of the most anticipated updates right now is the free updates to the A-10C cockpit. 3D modelling is mostly complete and texturing is well underway. Today we would like to show you the amount of detail going into different parts of the cockpit, in this case, the seat. In the near future, we will be showing off some of the texturing work as well."

After giving the A-10C a break for a (long) while, I've recently pulled it out of the hangar and am rediscovering what a joy the Hawg is to fly. Still my favorite module. Glad to see it is getting some deserved attention.

:beer:

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Still my favorite module. Glad to see it is getting some deserved attention.

Same here, still the BEST in my opinion.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see the a-10c in the newsletter, but they show us always the same new ejection seat they showed us in a previous newsletter at the beginning of the year. The a-10c upgrade was firstly planned by the end of 2018, then it was delayed... to 2019 I'd say, since at the beginning of the year, in january, they stated a-10c and ka-50 would have been their top priorities (among older modules, of course) besides f-18 completion and the new f-16. Now we are in october, and they show us the same a-10c seat. Does this mean we'll have to wait 2020 for the upgrade? Just to be clear...

I have no inside information, just wild speculation here.

The A-10C has taken the back seat. Like way back. The priorities of ED now lies in the new modules and each new thing implemented risks ruining something for the A-10C and will remain broken untill all new modules are completed. I’d say 2020 for the updated cockpit is optimistic.

Developing new modules could for sure bring some new bugs on the a-10c, for what coding systems is concerned, but the newsletter deals with just a 3d model and textures overhaul, that would be needed if you consider how much darker and difficult to read is the present cockpit in DCS 2.5 compared to its aspect in DCS 1.5.8 legacy, expecially in VR. If I have to talk about coding bugs, I hope you are wrong since new modules never finish (now f-18 and f-16, then MAC, mi-24, black shark 3, new ww2 modules, f-4 phantom, new maps, dynamic campaign and so on) and it's a shame a glorious module like the a-10c does not have the attentions it deserves.

will the a-10c upgrade also come with some exterior touch-ups?

the geometry is still fine, i think, but the textures could use some work to get them up to the high standards of newer aircraft.

also maybe throw in additional liveries, f.e. an promotional livery like seen here: https://theaviationist.com/2019/09/26/the-a-10c-thunderbolt-ii-demo-teams-new-jet-gets-a-p-51-mustang-look/

would be a great little extra!