Where is the DCS: Mig-21bis Board?

Cedaway

Irregardless of the current situation, I seriously doubt all of that work and the module which is near to be finished, is just going to get thrown away over some dispute. Whatever happens, in the end, I really believe we'll be seeing the module getting released. The only bummer is the situation itself which will definetelly lead to more delays..which is quite dissapointing but I can live with that as long as there's a happy ending.. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think part of the community has been very disappointed and angry with everything that has happened lately in DCS: World: Beczl team, delays, 3rd Parties close, lost dreams and many more. Some are losing faith, patience and hope. As there is some kind of joy soon, do not know where they will get.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

...isnt something we should discuss or worry about till they make another statement.

Nothing to worry about? Are you serious?

I seriously doubt all of that work and the module which is near to be finished, is just going to get thrown away over some dispute.

If money and greed involved, you never know.

The public announcement was a mistake.This things should be rectified between the production team and not on the forum.

After so much work they should release the plane at some point.That is what i would do.

As a customer i wold realy want to buy their product.But if it's never released it's not a big deal , life goes on.

Nothing to worry about? Are you serious?

Worrying only makes sense when you can have an impact on the situation. This is a matter that the team must settle, you can't do it for them. It's just a waste of time really. Sit back, have a cup of tea and wait for the situation to unfold, either way, the worlds not going to end. Meanwhile the powers that be are working hard on a resolution.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

But if it's never released it's not a big deal , life goes on.

Not it these parts!!! I sincerely hope developers will put aside their tiffs in the better interest of the project. Last night I saw True Detective. Humans really are the cruelest of all animals.

Cross your fingers, plenty of Hail Mary's that this problem gets resolved. Otherwise we're going to not enjoy the 2 years of patience and we'll lose faith in developers, which I don't want to happen but forget backing up projects at least a year more from people stung (God forbid) by this.

My hopes this gets resolved soon.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Worrying only makes sense when you can have an impact on the situation. This is a matter that the team must settle, you can't do it for them. It's just a waste of time really. Sit back, have a cup of tea and wait for the situation to unfold, either way, the worlds not going to end. Meanwhile the powers that be are working hard on a resolution.

I don't want you to think that I am arguing here, I am not, I understand what you are saying very clearly and I agree on many (if not all) points.

That being said, I also fully understand the concern that the fans have for the state of the project (and the team making it), it is not the money invested that is causing a lot of the shock and confusion, it is the emotional investment that many have made, the anticipation that has been built up more and more with every update they released, every video and every screenshot that we salivated over.

I mean, if this had been a a project that quickly fizzled after being announced (like some 3rd party projects we have seen come and go on this forum), sure, I bet a lot of folks would be able to just kinda move on.

But we have been waiting for a long time for this, the anticipation was pretty great and thus this recent issue has a lot of us very concerned that not only did some of us invest money already but we already had a release date, we had already marked the proverbial calender.

What is worse, it is all but done, that makes the whole thing very heartbreaking for some of us.

With all that in mind, speculation is going to happen, I don't think it should be left to go unchecked, I would rather not see rumors but we are all sitting on our hands here, we don't really know what is going on and as such, speculation is not only natural but expected.

Hopefully I am not overstepping here.

If money and greed involved, you never know.

Ain't this the truth!

There's good reason why avarice is one of the seven deadly sins. I would feel better if Beczl posts a wee update. Until then, we would all do good to step away from the keys and patiently await the only acceptable solution, ie continuation of the project.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I have not responded to many posts because of the fanboys getting upset at anything they feel is not super complimentary towards ED or DCS. Questioning anything is always deemed inappropriate and offensive. Their response is, " Its really none of your business just sit back and relax and WAIT for the Team to come up with an excuse"....and you are asked to not question or comment on the excuse. Being a paying customer of their products does not, according to the fanboys, give permission to say or write anything that is considered criticism. I have read numerous posts that have valid questions by many of the community which would have explained numerous problems but are smothered by the fanclub rhetoric.

Too many questions are just left unanswered or answered with sarcastic innuendo. By selling a service/product, the seller assumes a responsibliity to the buyer. Suggesting a buyer not question or comment on their purchase is preposterous.

Lazduc

Being a customer does not entitle you to have access to in-house proceedings. I think you are mistaking a customer for an owner/shareholder.

As far as most questions go, they are best answered when everything is set in stone. You might have heard politicians say that it is unprofessional to comment on ongoing negotiations. It is not often that i agree with things that politicians say, but i do in this case.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Damn, I don't doubt that this project will get released in the end, but not that sure now about its potential follow-ups which I was really looking forward to (e.g. the MiG-23MF or the Su-22M3).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

We are working on it everyone.

Please stay calm. There will be information coming soon.

We're still here - don't worry about that.

If this seems to be a public storm, just remember that people don't get worked up over things they don't care about.

If people act, or sound hurt or angry, it's because they support the project and want it to come about, and are bitterly disappointed. The MiG-21 project is something very much needed in the DCS community, and it looks like such an amazingly high quality additions, and suddenly - at the 11th hour - it sounded like that it was not going to happen.

That seems a less likely catastrophe now.

It's a weird, screwed up - and very human - sort of bizarre "tribute" to how much you've captured the attention and hopes of the community.

It also means that a large portion of the furor goes away with the issues getting resolved and the project getting back on track, and it completely vanishes with a release.

I just hope no one slept with anyone's wife or anything like that. Personal problems should never get in the way of business...:music_whistling:

In any case best of luck to you guys, I hope you manage to release the module. If you do I will probably buy it, after all its the only fighter my country's pathetic airforce fields today. :thumbup:

In any case best of luck to you guys, I hope you manage to release the module. If you do I will probably buy it, after all its the only fighter my country's pathetic airforce fields today. :thumbup:

Which country is that you are talking about? Croatia? Romania?

Surely they've invested in an upgrade program of some sort! Lancer maybe?

'Frett'

Ka-52 home-pit ready.Why fly alone when you can fly with your wife.

What are you serious I don't even let mine cook let alone fly LOL.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

well said

We're still here - don't worry about that.

If this seems to be a public storm, just remember that people don't get worked up over things they don't care about.

If people act, or sound hurt or angry, it's because they support the project and want it to come about, and are bitterly disappointed. The MiG-21 project is something very much needed in the DCS community, and it looks like such an amazingly high quality additions, and suddenly - at the 11th hour - it sounded like that it was not going to happen.

That seems a less likely catastrophe now.

It's a weird, screwed up - and very human - sort of bizarre "tribute" to how much you've captured the attention and hopes of the community.

It also means that a large portion of the furor goes away with the issues getting resolved and the project getting back on track, and it completely vanishes with a release.

Most likely scenario ...

Someone within team wanted pay rise / was unsatisfied with status within project or something like that, the boss couldn't take the combined pressure and publicly threatened to sack the whole project which resulted in mixture of public disappointment, disbelief, outrage and depression, the greater powers intervened ...

Dispute resolution with mediator started.

popcorn.gif

Most likely scenario ...

Someone within team wanted pay rise / was unsatisfied with status within project or something like that, the boss couldn't take the combined pressure and publicly threatened to sack the whole project which resulted in mixture of public disappointment, disbelief, outrage and depression, the greater powers intervened ...

Dispute resolution with mediator started.

popcorn.gif

No.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I wish I could hit the lottery and throw some cash to this team to resolve the matter, IF money is indeed the problem. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals