CSAR unwinnable

CSAR in the single missions isn't winnable.

1. The area used to be clear (no forest) in the old caucus map. Now the entire area where the pilot is located is forest.

2. There is an infantry squad heading towards the downed pilot. But due to forest mentioned, they cannot be located.

3. The trigger that alerts the player of the squad pursuing the downed pilot never fires.

4. The helicopter that is supposed to pick up the downed pilot cannot land due to forest.

5. The downed pilot is still somehow picked up. But does not leave the area and return to base.

6. The rescue helicopter hovers there indefinitely until the pursuing squad reaches the helicopter and then shoots it down with rifle fire, causing the defeat event to trigger.

• 7 months later...

I've managed to pick off the advancing platoon with some strafing runs, but the rescue helicopter explodes even with zero enemies active on the map. Multiple attempts, always a failure.

Will torture myself again to obtain a track file if it's really necessary, but I think the terrain issue here is pretty obviously the problem.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just tried the misson with the A-10C II (changed aircraft in the ME) and even though I killed all enemy units (with guided rockets its quite easy), the pickup-helicopter crashed. My guess is because of the trees in the LZ, that it hits....

Also strange is, that with the CBU I do not stand a chance killing the infantry in the forest; usuall have to use Mk82s or better the gun. But then again, I usually have trouble usting CBUs correctly or precisely.

Nah, that's a general problem with all of DCS: infantry isn't very susceptible to anti-infantry weapons. You're better off using guided anti-tank munitions against them.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧