Newest EDM Model Tools

I'm having problems with opening the stand alone Modelviewer as in it's not opening.

It stopped working when I updated windows 10 Pro a few days back. the builtin one works fine.

I reinstalled it as well and it still doesn't open.

Anyone else have this problem??

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Check Saved Games Folder for eDModelViewer and Delete.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team
Hello everybody,

I wanted to ask regarding exporting IK BONE linked objects, and LOOK AT linked objects...

Is there any workaround that?

Where can I find a correct way of doing that tutorial?

As I'm trying to export, the mesh is missing on the viewer.

In my opinion, this is a very obvious set of tools should be implemented in the exporter,

IK not supported

ED team please consider this in the next release or fix.

Thank you

IK not supported

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

Didn't work

Does a Log Generate when you launch the modelviewer?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Hello all, at the moment, What is the newer 3Ds Max supported by EDM plugin?

Greetings.

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

Hey guys, having an issue. Trying to use bone animations for wing flex, and using the Skin modifier on the wing mesh I have selected. I have to add a dummy box in order to act as a connector, and if I want my control surfaces to have flex as well, I have to add Skin to them also. The issue is that once the control surfaces receive the Skin modifier, you are no longer able to use their animations. The animations still exist, but they won't move at all in modelviewer, 3DS or in-game. Any way to solve this?

Add a bone and use it to control surface deflection.

That's the problem. When I have the Skin modifier not on the controls mesh but just the wing, the wing will move but even with the controls linked will not follow the bend. With the modifier applied now to the control surface, I lose the inherited animations even though they exist as shown.

Unless you mean add new bones for the control surface?

aDEol35.png

Edited by Sirius

• 2 weeks later...

1. Go here and download the latest version

ftp://srv0files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

2. You Generate a Model Livery File by loading the .edm of the model you want into the MV2, activate the icon in the toolbar or hit Ctrl + Shift + Alt + G and save it to where ever you want. Open with ++ as usual.

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I recall reading somewhere there is an option in the exporter to rotate the model while exporting so I can model in the correct orientation in 3ds.

I can't find this option in 2017. Does anyone know where is this option? I'm trying to avoid rotating the model myself.

So it does not have to be installed in the DCS folder?

No, Standalone can be installed anywhere, do NOT install it into the DCS Folder.

Ok. I will not make that mistake again. I installed today in the DCS folder and wrote the uninstall.exe file ... I tried to uninstall it from this location but it overwritten me with the uninstall.exe dcs file ... I just downloaded DCS from the beginning ... Do not try this at home ...

BTW. Skate. You know maybe what is the reason for not running the DCS Updater Utility - nevest version. I have Windows 7 64bit. Version 1.30.2018 works correctly.

Edited by Wodzu