Take On Helicopter - New game by Bohemia Interactive

Eight Ball

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap? :D. I joke, I love seattle but I just can't enjoy the demo at all.

I´ve to agree that ToH is a little....special. But it´s not crap. The actual reason why BIS has released ToH is similar to ED´s Mustang....flesh out a certain Project and make some additional fee to push actual running projects.

ToH is considered to be a demsontration of the Helicopter flightmodel in ArmAIII. No more no less. That´s the reason why Seattle is so big and looks somehow unsupported. Same for South Asia Map and the Campaign.

ToH makes real fun if ArmA2 is used as an additional addon and enables one to fly with ToH Heli over Chernaurus, Takistan or what not.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I´ve to agree that ToH is a little....special. But it´s not crap. The actual reason why BIS has released ToH is similar to ED´s Mustang....flesh out a certain Project and make some additional fee to push actual running projects.

ToH is considered to be a demsontration of the Helicopter flightmodel in ArmAIII. No more no less. That´s the reason why Seattle is so big and looks somehow unsupported. Same for South Asia Map and the Campaign.

ToH makes real fun if ArmA2 is used as an additional addon and enables one to fly with ToH Heli over Chernaurus, Takistan or what not.

I allready wrote that in BIs forums. I did`t bought an testbed for ArmaIII!! I have had high hopes that BI would make a civilian helicopter sim/game, but it seems that military is still the scope so ToH disappointed me. Their hind addon is a joke regarding the cockpit. The (third party) helicopter flight model still can`t convince me enough.:(

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Why are you playing the demo? Come and get scammed like the rest of us.

I didnt buy this game to experience the flight model of Arma 3, I thought it was a stand alone commercial helicopter sim, the 'flashbacks' to his brothers military history confuse the game even more.

What about a call about a high speed car chase through seattle, using FLiR to track and guide the cops in? Ferrying search and rescue to a mountain and assisting search, flying people to Oil Rigs in crap weather, transporting car crash people to hospital, rescuing people from flooded rivers.

Wait, I would much rather show a billionaire a few golf courses whilst he talks rudely at me.

Pffft - I obviously missed the point, or was i missold.

Hurry up on ARMA3 please.

• Like 1

I allready wrote that in BIs forums. I did`t bought an testbed for ArmaIII!! I have had high hopes that BI would make a civilian helicopter sim/game, but it seems that military is still the scope so ToH disappointed me. Their hind addon is a joke regarding the cockpit. The (third party) helicopter flight model still can`t convince me enough.:(

everyone wo knows BIS should know that they would'nt waste developing time for any civillian stuff.

BIS was always and always will be military dedicated...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

everyone wo knows BIS should know that they would'nt waste developing time for any civillian stuff.

It`s a slap in the face for all who don`t know BI and for all who thought they will get a new Sim Copter game, Med Evac game or the like. *sigh

Oh well, so I´m a ignorant helohead.:(

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

It`s a slap in the face for all who don`t know BI and for all who thought they will get a new Sim Copter game, Med Evac game or the like. *sigh

Oh well, so I´m a ignorant helohead.:(

well, you will have civillian stuff by playing vanilla ToH Campaign only... :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

well, you will have civillian stuff by playing vanilla ToH Campaign only... :D

Sure, but I have had hopes that DLCs would be non military stuff. But hey, the upcoming free DLC Noisecontrollers will have new Time Trials! Great!:lol:

BTW, is it confirmed yet that they will use ToH FM in ArmaIII?

BTW, is it confirmed yet that they will use ToH FM in ArmaIII?

as far as I know so ToH FM is part of the ArmAIII Engine. It might not be part of the campaign but can be applied to either single missions or can be assinged to self created missions as well as it is possible for MP.

Check this link and read game features/Gameplay:

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Nah... No (semi-) MD5 trailer is complete without the Magnum intro music.

To be honest : The MD5 was the only reason I watched it as child - I didn't even paid attention to the story. I was only waiting for some helicopter action! :)

Edited by PeterP

From what I understand they are interested in both civ and military products which is the whole point of ToH. The ToH has a patch which makes its features compatible with Arma2 and ACE has also made a patch to make it compatible with this setup. You can have both civ and mil on the same PC and no ones forcing anyone to buy ToH or Arma2.:thumbup: For all we know the FSX, Falcon4 and FC3 may well wind up absorbed into the ACE collective....resistance is futile.:lol:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

<ot>

Nah... No (semi-) MD5 trailer is complete without the Magnum intro music.

Let's not forget how it all started.

Okay, granted, Mike Post and Pete Carpenter were the TV music heroes of my childhood, with their Magnum theme being one of my all time favorites (although I kinda like Ian Freebairn-Smith's rather funky and soul-like version; it just didn't fit the show IMO).

To be honest : The MD5 was the only reason I watched it as child - I didn't even paid attention to the story. I was only waiting for some helicopter action! :)

To remain historically correct, we should stick to the then valid designation Hughes 500, which is how I'll always remember TC's Island Hopper. :-)

Besides, I got Magnum Season 1 last year and IMO it's actually still worth watching. It really was a great show.

</ot>

Okay, sorry about that, now back to ToH. :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just played Demo. I did'nt like it. I don't know what I didn't like. Sounds... Physics... Models... Gauges...

Especially after flying with BS2, I couldn't get any taste from this game...

Uninstalled.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I've just played Demo. I did'nt like it. I don't know what I didn't like. Sounds... Physics... Models... Gauges...

Uninstalled.

I wanted to try the demo too but it is an early version of TOH and doesn't benefit from the flight model improvements implemented in recent patches. When Bohemia update the demo I'll give it a go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Uninstalled.

It looks like it would be ok. The city, water and moving vehicles all look good. I don't fly sims just to fly from one place to another, I like dropping bombs and firing missiles at people.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED