Operation Exigent Riviera, part 1, last mission.

Gianky

Hello..I am a total noob so this is my 1st campaign..all excited :)

How do I know the bullseye coordinates? Do I set a waypoint to be the bulls? For the life of me I cant intercept those F4s. also can anyone guide me in entering the JTAC waypoints in proper lat/long? Thanks for the campaign, looking forward to it.

Hello..I am a total noob so this is my 1st campaign..all excited :)

How do I know the bullseye coordinates? Do I set a waypoint to be the bulls? For the life of me I cant intercept those F4s. also can anyone guide me in entering the JTAC waypoints in proper lat/long? Thanks for the campaign, looking forward to it.

Check F10 map for BULLS location. It will be marked by a blue bullseye icon / symbol. You can choose to enter those coordinates into a waypoint via HSI if you’d like. You can also get the BULLS to display on your RDR ATTK page, by setting that entered waypoint as an A/A waypoint.

For entering coordinates, it all depends on how they are reading them to you. In the Hornet, I always choose to depress the OSB for “precise” within the DATA sub page of the HSI. Additionally, I then depress the A/C OSB push button, within the A/C sub page, I choose the desired LAT/LONG format (bottom push button of the right column of OSB).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Which naval assets i need to destroy in mission 5?

I destroyed a deck, ship and two warehouses but still cant finish the mission.

And my stupid wingman always catapult before attack a target (even when he is refueling and have a lot of fuel) . WTF...

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Great campaign so far. Just did the second mission and it was such a blast.

For VR users get the scratchpad script to copy down the coordinates, it makes it so much easier (first time I found myself completely lost with no coordinates). Really enjoyed that I had to use so many systems of the Hornet to get the job done (refuelling, new waypoints, LSS, JDAM in PP mode, Mavericks and to cap it off a trap just after dusk... with the air boss wanting a word afterwards *gulp*).

The only problem I had was my wingman refused to refuel and in the end was circling the target point in full burner so he was not much use... gotta love DCS AI.

Great campaign so far. Just did the second mission and it was such a blast.

For VR users get the scratchpad script to copy down the coordinates, it makes it so much easier (first time I found myself completely lost with no coordinates). Really enjoyed that I had to use so many systems of the Hornet to get the job done (refuelling, new waypoints, LSS, JDAM in PP mode, Mavericks and to cap it off a trap just after dusk... with the air boss wanting a word afterwards *gulp*).

The only problem I had was my wingman refused to refuel and in the end was circling the target point in full burner so he was not much use... gotta love DCS AI.

What is the scratchpad script for VR?

Found it here;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229077

Works great, doesn’t seem to have issues with IC for multiplayer.

No issues in multiplayer, best tool ever for those who play in VR!

Well, there's something an Italian buddy is working on that it's pretty cool, too, although more complicated, since you have to use a tablet:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246970

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all I am reasonably new to DCS and have a quick question regarding the campaign and DCS. With this campaign I get a mission success on the first mission and then for a number of reason (user error) failed the second mission.

Each time I fail the second mission I have to start the whole campaign again, ie fly the first mission again.

Is that how it is meant to function or should i only have to refly the failed mission again?

Cheers

Mike

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Is that how it is meant to function or should i only have to refly the failed mission again?

Mike

Hey Mike!

You don't have to replay the whole campaign, just the mission you failed. At the bottom of the debriefing screen there's a row of buttons.

To immediately fly again the mission you just failed, press the third (IIRC!) button from the right in the debriefing screen, labelled "fly again".

If you don't feel like flying again immediately and want to do so in another session, press the first button on the left (I don't remember what's it called), the system will warn you that you will lose all your progress, ignore it and go ahead, you'll find yourself in front of the campaign window and you'll just have to press the green button to replay the mission you failed, when you want to do it.

I hope I'm remembering the correct position of the buttons, I'm at work now and going by heart!

Hi all I am reasonably new to DCS and have a quick question regarding the campaign and DCS. With this campaign I get a mission success on the first mission and then for a number of reason (user error) failed the second mission.

Each time I fail the second mission I have to start the whole campaign again, ie fly the first mission again.

Cheers

Mike

I had the same issue. It appears that every time a mission is failed you have go back to the previews mission rather than playing again the mission failed. This happens if you quit after failing rather than go for "Fly again". Might be a DCS bug tho.

Just follow this advice from Gianky above and you'll avoid having to restart at the beginning of the campaign.

If you don't feel like flying again immediately and want to do so in another session, press the first button on the left (I don't remember what's it called), the system will warn you that you will lose all your progress, ignore it and go ahead, you'll find yourself in front of the campaign window and you'll just have to press the green button to replay the mission you failed, when you want to do it.

• 1 month later...

I think I figured out the problem. At least it worked for me. Delete all the us navy equipment module you have installed in the dcs directory and only put US Nave Equipment in users/your name/saved games/dcs/mods/tec/US Nave Equipment. It didn't work for me originally. but when I deleted the folder Us Nave Equipment from all the other areas I put it in when I was trying to get it to work it worked. Hope it that helps.

• 5 months later...

Afternoon all, I am currently stuck on mission 3 on Exigent Riviera campaign. I fly to waypoint two but then get tasked to fly to a stricken vessel on fire at heading 330 60NM away. When I get to the Vessel, Magic advises to circle until the Helo arrives. I have been circling over the vessels for ages and I am running out of fuel. Is there a trigger I need to do that I am missing? Thank you

Rig: |(CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache|ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING|32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)|11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080TI|2TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE|1TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)|CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET|Processor Cooling Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans Thermal Paste||RIFT S VR| TM HOTAS A10 Warthog :joystick:

Afternoon all, I am currently stuck on mission 3 on Exigent Riviera campaign. I fly to waypoint two but then get tasked to fly to a stricken vessel on fire at heading 330 60NM away. When I get to the Vessel, Magic advises to circle until the Helo arrives. I have been circling over the vessels for ages and I am running out of fuel. Is there a trigger I need to do that I am missing? Thank you

You have to destroy the entire SA-11 group that attacks you once you arrive at the stricken ships. Destroying the radar only with your HARM is not enough, you need to kill every single vehicle of that group.

After that, you will know that the mission progresses since there will be more action ahead:smilewink:

Thank you for the reply hog. I will try that next time

Rig: |(CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache|ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING|32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)|11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080TI|2TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE|1TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)|CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET|Processor Cooling Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans Thermal Paste||RIFT S VR| TM HOTAS A10 Warthog :joystick:

Not sure if this will affect any of the other missions, but on the last mission (9) with the new INS alignment procedures unless you do the Stored Heading 90 sec alignment it screws up the timing. 1st time I did it with full 8 min alignment, I was getting my push code from Overlord before I had even gotten to the tanker, and the F-14's were all over me before I got to weapon release. With the express alignment it worked as (I presume) intended.

Cannot find the official thread of this campaing so I'm asking here: is AAR mandatory for some missions?

The " These are longer missions that will almost all require aerial refueling and careful fuel management to succeed." statement in campaign download page is not really clear.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Cannot find the official thread of this campaing so I'm asking here: is AAR mandatory for some missions?

The " These are longer missions that will almost all require aerial refueling and careful fuel management to succeed." statement in campaign download page is not really clear.

Yes there are at least a few of these missions (thinking of #3 anyway) that you will run out of fuel if you don't refuel. Not 100% sure if there are any mission where there is a trigger related the actual refuel :dunno: