FC3 campaign with jerks (F15 & SU27)

guimcdo

Hello all,

Today, I just try the campaign for SU 27, forteress Mozdok, but with a big issue to the framerate (I'm in VR), the first mission is unplayable...

I try without VR, but jerks persist. I'm in the latest version of 1.5.7

Someone else have the same issue?

Thanks

I have only got into VR recently guimcdo, it's very very demanding on our systems, DCS is even more so, it's not directly designed for VR in the first place, when I bought the rift I knew this, so I didnt ecpect to play large missions in DCS with the rift.

I have managed to try and test a few smaller missions with the Ka-50 with mixed results, I have my 1070 gtx "screeming" in MSI afterburner to hold 45 fps with asw.

DCS will have much more optimization to come, so "hopefully" things will get a little better for VR users too moving forward. I'm looking at trading in my 1070 and grab a 1080ti just to be able to fly in a little larger missions, I will wait and see where DCS is at the end of the year, for now I just create a few small missions to fly in the rift.

What are your system specs guimcdo?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Hello David,

Thanks for your prompt reply. My specs are I5 6600K, GTX 1070, SSD, 16Go RAM.

My concern is that the stuttering is with AND without VR, thus the VR (and graphical management) are not the root cause of this problem. I think the problem come from DCS directly, I think the game engine is not able to digest big mission. If I'm right, upgraded your GC with 1080Ti won't solve the problem.

I'll check the mission file trough the editor and let you know if I found the culprit ;-)

Thanks, wish you a nice day.

Rgds

Guillaume

Hello David,

Thanks for your prompt reply. My specs are I5 6600K, GTX 1070, SSD, 16Go RAM.

My concern is that the stuttering is with AND without VR, thus the VR (and graphical management) are not the root cause of this problem. I think the problem come from DCS directly, I think the game engine is not able to digest big mission. If I'm right, upgraded your GC with 1080Ti won't solve the problem.

I'll check the mission file trough the editor and let you know if I found the culprit ;-)

Thanks, wish you a nice day.

Rgds

Guillaume

You have a similar system to my PC

Try these settings HERE

in DCS 2.1, I turn off MSAA and anisotropic filtering in DCS, when using deferred shading.

DCS needs some work and optimizing here, this is how you work around it for the moment.

In 1.5 you can run some more MSAA and anisotropic filtering still.

There is a thread HERE in the bug section talking about this.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Hello All,

Just to inform you the only solution I found is to decrease the static object number through the editor, after that, no jerks.

Am I alone to have jerks with FC3 campaign?

I checked other campaign, such as M2KC, and some of mission have more object than FC3 missions, and the mission is very smooth without jerks.

Do you think because FC3 campaign/missions are old, they are not optimized for current version of DCS???

Thanks

Am I alone to have jerks with FC3 campaign?

Not at all. Performance has been very bad since the 1.5.7 patch, and it's been investigated and officially reported (per this thread) as indeed being caused by ground units.

For me the FC3 campaigns are unplayable as well: the frame rate jumps up and down between 13 and 45 several times a second.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hello Elysian angel,

Yeah, I think you're right about my concern, have to waiting ED release. I will doing MIG 29 campaign waiting the fix, this campaign is light in ground unit.

Framerate between 13 to 45 fps, you're in VR, right?

Wish you a nice day

Rgds

Guillaume

you're in VR, right?

Indeed :pilotfly:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset