MiG-29 high Fidelity Flight Model?

mytai01

Both the Su-33 and MiG-29 PFM were announced for this year.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

ED can't even predict a yearly frame for their releases, they missed their own predictions a few times in the past. Better assume that they just occasionally happen.

Please, by all means keep up with the digs at ED and releases in a sarcastic or condescending non-productive tone.

But dont be alarmed when you start receiving infractions. Be Careful, at some point seeing you post the same gripe repeatedly, it becomes ranting and off topic.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On the contrary, I would rather fly jets with simple flight mode, easier control, more fun. IMHO, ED overdone some parameters in HFM, harder control on runaway, fun spoiled.

Was that sarcastic ?

Really why one would choose DCS if looking for simple and easier flight model ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the contrary, I would rather fly jets with simple flight mode, easier control, more fun. IMHO, ED overdone some parameters in HFM, harder control on runaway, fun spoiled.

While there is to be some "Fun" Element,

DCS World Strives to be Realistic as a priority.

If you want Full Time Arcade style gameplay, then Perhaps DCS is not for you.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Source?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2416007&postcount=1

Cannot wait for the 29's PFM. I am sure that Yo-Yo is on it. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the gas exhaust for the engine start. One hole on each engine and that particular effect maybe is just to much fuel in the engine

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I discover that start up and shut down video of a Poland Mig-29A, in the minute 3:55 see a "strange" fire under the plane, drop tank?

iXRSyj_mNis

That effect has normal on all Mig-29?

I do not know much about the Mig-29, but it seems like the APU is just restarting to start the other engine.

Not the same aircraft, but here is a google doc link to the G model.

See page 1-28

The APU will drive the RH engine first. When APU shut-off speed is reached, the APU will be shut-off and restart for the LH engine start after a break of 10 sec. This break provides speed synchronizations between APU, GBX and mechanical drives.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jasonblair.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F06%2FMIG29-Flight-Manual-Pt-1.pdf

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I do not know much about the Mig-29, but it seems like the APU is just restarting to start the other engine.

Yeah, it's the APU. They even had to add a special exhaust pipe that goes through the central fuel tank for it.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Thats precisely what it is - APU exhaust :) .

Its actually pretty easy to hear whats going on in the video. At around 3.12 you can hear the APU starting(rough grinding sound) and at about 3.32 you can begin to hear the turbine spooling up - as it reaches idle speed, the APU disengages and powers down(the flame) and then starts up again after a few seconds and repeats the process for the second engine.....exactly as described in the G manual.

Not the same aircraft, but here is a google doc link to the G model.

See page 1-28

It is in fact the very same aircraft - remember that Germany sold their G's to Poland :) .

JJ

It is in fact the very same aircraft - remember that Germany sold their G's to Poland :) .

Did not know that thanks.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

How do you recognize the ex-Luftwaffe one? Serial numbers?

I mean, they've started with the 12 bought from the Soviet Union and also got some ex-Czech ones, plus only decided perhaps only about half of the ones donated by Germany (as the others were too used up so they'll use them for spares IIRC).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

How do you recognize the ex-Luftwaffe one? Serial numbers?

Yes - well the bort numbers. IIRC all the ex. Luftwaffe MiG-29s are all operated by the 41. ELT and AFAIK both of the aircraft in the video(#70 and #65) are assigned to that unit.

Anyway, whether those particular aircraft are ex-Luftwaffe MiG-29G or not is really irrelevant - the engine start-up procedure/appearance is the same for all MiG-29s.

JJ

70 and 65 are one of the original 12 Polish MiGs (as in, not ex-Czech and not ex-German). Only the 41st sqn flies ex-German MiGs, that is true, but since the planes were generally in bad shape not all of them entered service in Poland and 1st sqn had to give up some of their planes to make up the numbers in the 41st.

Yes good info Imp.

I also checked up on this on Scramble.nl(which is usually good with nerdy stuff like serial numbers and the like) and it appears that all the ex-German MiG-29G/GTs are assigned four-digit numbers starting with 41-- such as "4101"(I guess to denote that they belong to the 41. ELT) and that the unit also has three of the originally purchased MiG-29s("65", "66" and "70") as well as two ex-Czech ones("77" and "92").

But all of them are of the 9.12 Warsaw-pact export variant and have the same engines - Luftwaffe just detuned theirs to run at a lower power setting in order to get some more hours out of them. So where they originated from doesn't matter in regards to the engine start-up procedure and the description in the Luftwaffe MiG-29G manual is applicable to all.

JJ