DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

via chat?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

via chat?

:lol:, from the bin folder in the DCS install directory

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Wauw... i just flown over las vegas where normal i hit 30fps...

With harrier i just flow over it and not even 1 time under 45fps and no stutters...

Is it the update or the new nvidea driver... i dont know... but i am verry verry happy at the moment

Thank for the update ed

Verry happy

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Updated, but I cannot seem to install the AV-8B module, anyone else encountering this problem?

BTW pretty looking clouds :)

What? Do we have new clouds??? That was known?

What I have noticed so far:

-Deeper blue sky (much more realistic now) as you climb, just like in real life. Also adjusted sky color.

-Improved haze (not the one in the ME).

-Horizon line finally smoothed (better horizon haze). Much better now, no more harsh line between sky and land though needs some refinement (thicker smoothing line imho).

-Gamma changes. Now there is much more contrast between light and shadows which is great for cockpit and the whole visuals in general. 2.2 gamma sweet spot.

-White caps are finally fixed AND IMPROVED!!!!, A LOT!!!!...they look just fantastic now. From 1 knot to whatever you want for wind speed (I tried up to 25 knots). Smoother animation and much slower which is amazing and looks realistic and whats more, now white caps are ALIGNED to wind direction!!! and this even affect to how the white caps look (faster, lower, bigger, waves in the shore, etc.). Also, I'm pretty sure they improved the scale problem with them as now, when you climb they look very small and proportional to altitude. I woud love if waves breaking into the beach would be much bigger and reach further away in the distance though but incredible improvement in this regard.

-Sea color improved. (though probably inverted because coast color is blue and deep sea is green, I think it should be the opposite).

-Clouds. New (temporal) clouds added.

-Clouds shadow on water.

-Terrain mountains no longer are "transparent" at dusk/dawn.

-Improved terrain shadowing (Nevada).

-Now terrain cast shadows in planes. Try flying low at dusk near to the ground under a mountain shadow and you will realize the plane is shadowed in both external and cockpit views.

-Further away objets rendering distance.

-Clear performance improvement!!!!!!!!

-Color corrections.

-Improvements in Normandy textures (new ones at certain places)

-River deltas in Normandy ?¿?¿?(they look odd yet so I guess they are not finished).

-New explosions (only rockets I think). Still very wip.

-AI has some issues as already posted here (they dont' take off for instance).

Maybe I left something out of the list so please, let's comment what else they included. So far enjoying the update (probably the best in a long time)

Thanks!!

Take a look at my MODS here

Also, forgot to mention the new sounds for the planes...it's a MASSIVE improvement!!, tried A-10C, F-15, SU-33 and SU-27 and I had a blast crancking up the volume :D, much more realistic sounds, closer to how real fighter airplanes sound.

Also, smoother transitions between different sounds though there is still some work to do as sometimes the transitions still being too hars but at certain angles (which btw now affects much more dynamically to the sound) they are still not seamless, but overall AMAZING improvement to sounds.

Doppler effect feels also much more refined and there is some great DEEP BASS (close to 20hz) which makes you feel the plane over you head and rattle your theeth :D

Really looking forward for more improvements (would like to hear even more mid frequencies roar and higher SPL at higher distances).

Nice work in this last patch!.

Take a look at my MODS here