R-77 for Sukhoi's

The manual is wrong. Its full of mistakes.

Says who? No offense but I need a source from a dev, not just someone saying thats it wrong because they might of heard it through the rumor mill or just want to ignore a fact.

As of now the manual is correct until proven otherwise

Edited by frixon28

:(

This whole discussion, every single time, goes to "well we'd need a modern Flanker and that's not happening." in some phrasing or another.

So perfection isn't happening, okay, fine, what about 'good enough'? That's what FC3 is about, after all!

#AddAdders

You know, despite what I said earlier, the more I think about it the more it appeals to me:)

Perhaps the 104th Can add it to a mission and see what happens. Does it have to be both server and client side?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

In order to get realistic reaction from pilots is only possible if missile pose a danger.

I dont see a problem in Su-27 using R-77 in order to get some reaction from pilots.

Other option could be to fly 80s.

The best solution would be if ED could make SARH and modern heaters more respected by pilot that are defending them.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

As said the Su27 Flanker in DCS is an Su27S it wasn't until the upgrade to Su27SM standard in 2003 that gave the 27 a radar that could utilise the R77, blame the USSR break up. I believe the 33 still hasn't received this upgrade, last I read they were replacing them with MiG29K.

..... and by 2003 the F-15 had the AIM-120 for about 12 years, the AIM-120A entering service just after GW1, with rumours that it was carried by some coalition aircraft (not F-15's) in hopes of testing it in combat, that eventually happened in 1992 with an F-16D shooting down a MiG-25 that breached a no fly zone.

So it is hardly unrealistic given that 12 year window for an F-15C with AIM-120's (deliveries of the 120C began in 1996) to go against an Su-27S armed with only R-27's and R-73's.

If people say they want the R-77 for the Su-27, then next it will be other people complaining they want the AESA F-15's, and around and around we go.....

..... and by 2003 the F-15 had the AIM-120 for about 12 years, the AIM-120A entering service just after GW1, with rumours that it was carried by some coalition aircraft (not F-15's) in hopes of testing it in combat, that eventually happened in 1992 with an F-16D shooting down a MiG-25 that breached a no fly zone.

So it is hardly unrealistic given that 12 year window for an F-15C with AIM-120's (deliveries of the 120C began in 1996) to go against an Su-27S armed with only R-27's and R-73's.

If people say they want the R-77 for the Su-27, then next it will be other people complaining they want the AESA F-15's, and around and around we go.....

The AIM-120C5 which is the deadliest missile in DCS is a 2003 missile, the 120B is no more deadly than EDs R-77.

Russia already had a Flanker with AMRAAMSKI in 1990, the Su30, if people want parity for multiplayer enjoyment I don't see why that is an issue.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Are we talking about the actual 5 Su-30's that Russia operated, or the ones they sold to everyone but themselves? At least there seems to be somewhat limited information about this aircraft's development - lots of variants, all or almost all of them exported. I believe Russia acquired some for themselves in the 2010's, but I'm not sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Russia is operating today 40-50 Su-30SM and a new batch for another 17 delivering in 2017 for a total estimated of about 90 frames at the end of the contract. Both VVS and Navy.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You know, despite what I said earlier, the more I think about it the more it appeals to me:)

Perhaps the 104th Can add it to a mission and see what happens. Does it have to be both server and client side?

Any mods like that need to be client and server if you have the IC enabled otherwise it's just client-only. As far as I know, at least.

I think it should be a stock feature to be honest. Unrealistic on the small scale (Su-27S has no Adders!!!!!) but when you consider it as the only land-based Flanker we've got, Adders are indeed quite appealing! :thumbup:

Are we talking about the actual 5 Su-30's that Russia operated, or the ones they sold to everyone but themselves? At least there seems to be somewhat limited information about this aircraft's development - lots of variants, all or almost all of them exported. I believe Russia acquired some for themselves in the 2010's, but I'm not sure.

Russia is procuring two Su-30 variants now: SM and M2. The SM is a modification of the more advanced MKx models and the M2 is, from what I understand, nearly a two seat Su-27SMx. There's a few of those really old Su-30s that are far more similar to the Su-27S (with improved air to ground capability I think? TV screen in the backseat I wanna say?????) than anything. No idea if they had Adder capability or how many were built/operated. They had a newer-ish radar, I believe.

Edit: Actually, I think I'm wrong about the M2 according to the most reliable source known to man, Wikipedia. It's a mod of the upgraded export ones as well. MK2.

Edited by Sweep

Lord of Salt

The real cancer will strike when the F-18 is out with it's what? 10 Spamraams? Good Lord.

Or the Typhoon with its 4 x METEOR or AIM-120-C7 + 6 x ASRAAM or IRIS-T + 3 tanks.

Hence my earlier comment about the Russian 'side' of things gradually trailing the NATO aircraft offerings in DCS. I think most of us Su-27 pilots like a challenge, but there comes a time when you end up trying to bring the proverbial 'knife to a gun fight'. I can honestly envisage a scenario in which there will be literally about 20 people willing and able to fly the Su-27 in anything other than a SP mission :(

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Plus 17 Su27M (Su35) before the turn of the century.

Russia currently has Su30SM, M2 plus the single seat 27 variants Su35S, Su27S, Su27SM and Su27SM3 (new build SM).

Su35S being the top dog.

The thing with this Russia vs USA thing is that the cold war was virtually over in the late eighties, USSR was about to collapse and funding for military hardware was on the back burner.

The technology and production lines were there but the requirement and funding wasn't. If we choose to create nonsensical fantasy scenarios in DCS then we need a fantasy Soviet Union to go with it.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The thing with this Russia vs USA thing is that the cold war was virtually over in the late eighties, USSR was about to collapse and funding for military hardware was on the back burner.

The technology and production lines were there but the requirement and funding wasn't. If we choose to create nonsensical fantasy scenarios in DCS then we need a fantasy Soviet Union to go with it.

Though some Su-27M were produced, the type never entered operational service. Though, I'm all for having the Su-27M (and MiG-29M/K) in DCS for early 90's scenarios involving a fictional SU that didn't break apart.

Russia is procuring two Su-30 variants now: SM and M2. The SM is a modification of the more advanced MKx models and the M2 is, from what I understand, nearly a two seat Su-27SMx.

They're not procuring the M2's anymore. As far as I've read, those were unsold airframes made for China so RuAF took them as two-seat trainers for the squadrons operating the SM/SM3 variants.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I just mean in the 90's, I know they're buying up a lot of stuff now :)

Anyone can create fantasy stuff, it's not a big deal - the sim is a game, and a sim is what you make of it in the end.

Russia currently has Su30SM, M2 plus the single seat 27 variants Su35S, Su27S, Su27SM and Su27SM3 (new build SM).

Su35S being the top dog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

OMG if we got 50 cents for every time a thread EXACTLY like this has popped up on these forums... :D

Gets some memories back! :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Russia is procuring two Su-30 variants now: SM and M2. The SM is a modification of the more advanced MKx models and the M2 is, from what I understand, nearly a two seat Su-27SMx.

Yes pretty much - the multirole variants of the Su-30 fall in two categories originating from the initial export orders Su-30MKI and Su-30MKK for India and China respectively - the former is the more advanced version with TVC and phased array radar, while the latter is a more "budget approach" without TVC and with an upgraded version of the original N001 radar. The Su-30SM that is currently being procured by the Russian airforce is practically the same as India's Su-30MKI(except for various non-russian systems of French and Israeli origin), while the Su-27SM is a similar approach as with the Chinese Su-30MKK.

There's a few of those really old Su-30s that are far more similar to the Su-27S (with improved air to ground capability I think? TV screen in the backseat I wanna say?????) than anything.

The old Su-30(Su-27PU) from around 1990 was a dedicated interceptor variant operated by the PVO(airdefence forces) - it was practically an Su-27UB with an IFR probe, but reportedly had an expanded datalink capability allowing it to act as a mission controller for a flight of single seat Su-27s, where the back-seat crew member functioned as RIO(hence the TV screen in the back).

No idea if they had Adder capability or how many were built/operated. They had a newer-ish radar, I believe.

No it had the same radar(N001) and weapons(R-27R/ER and -T/TE) as the standard Su-27, but had an improved EOS(also fitted to the Su-33). Only a handful(5 or 6 airframes) were built and may have been operated more as evaluation/operational testing rather than being in actual service - AFAIK they were later reclaimed by Sukhoi and some of them used as prototypes for the multirole Su-30MK.

Prior to the Su-30MKI, India bought a batch Su-30Ks - an export variant of the original Su-30, which apparently lacked the mission controller aspect and as such was little more than an Su-27UB with an IFR probe.

Sadly I dont think we are getting meteors with the VEAO Typhoon. Its buried in one of their threads in the subforum. Likewise im not so sure re: Iris-t and asraam.

I could just about see the point of not getting the Meteor as it doesn't really exist yet, but not having at least the ASRAAM will be a bit of a blow, especially since there have been Typhoon F2's sitting on QRA with them mounted since late 2007.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

ASRAAM is planned, or at least it was a few months ago...

Ah good. I wonder if we'll get the full 90-degree-off-bore, LOAL capability version.