Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

I got a shipping confirmation five days after the order confirmation, including tracking number.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a shipping confirmation five days after the order confirmation, including tracking number.
Yea I guess that's if you ordered something already in stock. I ordered a grip and a warBRD base and they will ship it together. Excited to step away from my warthog base.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yeah I got shipment notification when I ordered my Virpil setup back in the beginning, along with an EMS tracking number.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I picked up my package yesterday and spent last evening building a mount. Now I'm tinkering with the tension and getting everything set up.

I'm very happy with it so far. I love the fact that I have no more stiction and hard center clunk as with the warthog.

The CM grip is badass. The buttons work great, all have good haptic feel, the brake lever tension is good in my opinion. In pictures it looks huge, so I was worried it would be too big for my little Trump hands. Not so. I can reach all the buttons and hats just fine. The adjustable hand rest helps obviously.

While I'm generally happy with the feel of the default cams, I find the center a little loose. The stick will wobble when I let go.

Is it worth installing the hard center cams? Do they produce a center "clunk" when putting it through the range of motion?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Looks like my stick has arrived in Sydney....hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I picked up my package yesterday and spent last evening building a mount. Now I'm tinkering with the tension and getting everything set up.

I'm very happy with it so far. I love the fact that I have no more stiction and hard center clunk as with the warthog.

The CM grip is badass. The buttons work great, all have good haptic feel, the brake lever tension is good in my opinion. In pictures it looks huge, so I was worried it would be too big for my little Trump hands. Not so. I can reach all the buttons and hats just fine. The adjustable hand rest helps obviously.

While I'm generally happy with the feel of the default cams, I find the center a little loose. The stick will wobble when I let go.

Is it worth installing the hard center cams? Do they produce a center "clunk" when putting it through the range of motion?

I'm currently using the hard center cams, and yes, there is a kind of clunk. It's probably the wrong word, but you know it's the center when you get to it.

Z...

Well I've gotta say, travel time from Belarus to Brisbane Aus (delivery) was pretty quick, amounted to just 7 days. Chomping at the bit to go and pick it up from the Post Office :)

Just have tidy up the cables, calibrate and assign some buttons....

j8PDrw.jpg

Unequal Resistance on the Roll Axis

I've had my T-50CM a couple of months now. One thing I've noticed, there seems slightly more resistance when I move the stick right compared with when I move the stick left. It's more pronounced near the centre position. Yesterday, I swapped out the medium spring for the soft spring but it's still the same. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if it might be cam related. I thought about swapping the roll cam for the pitch cam to narrow it down but the stories of issues with thread lock are putting me off.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Hi Funkman (I believe I'm connecting you to the right ticket!) - as mentioned on the ticket, Vitaly has sent out new electronics for you - unfortunately small packet EMS isn't the fastest at times, but it shouldn't be that far away.

I'm also happy to run through some troubleshooting directly via the ticket (and can connect via Teamviewer etc if you wish). If you're not receiving my ticket responses, please PM here!

So another week and a bit passed, no parcels, no update about where they are and no promised connection via Teamviewer. It's nice for those who can use the device :cry:

► VPC Pre-Order & Production Update

Once again we would like to confirm the current pre-order production status with the community.

As stated in our last announcement - we had tentatively scheduled the dispatch of our new pre-order products on the 9th July.

While we are happy to confirm that production has already been in full swing and we are now right on the cusp of sending orders out for dispatch. While we unfortunately won’t be able to start dispatches tomorrow, packaging and final preparations have begun. VPC WarBRD and Constellation Delta pre-orders should be in the courier’s hands by the next week (starting 16th), with MT-50 Throttle pre-orders following shortly afterwards.

Now - we understand the frustration with a delay of any scale. So with this extra time, we’ve actually been working on an additional gift on top of the previously offered dust cover/discount code.

We’re pleased to confirm that due to many requests from our pre-order customers, we’ll be including a set of specially designed cosmosim cams for all VPC WarBRD pre-orders, completely free! The WarBRD cosmosim cams will be available for future orders as a separately available accessory.

As we are now at the end of the pre-order period, this is the last opportunity to take advantage of our 10% discount pre-order sale! This sale event will close on the midnight of 9th July (GMT +3).

As always, for anyone who has any questions, concerns, is unhappy with this announcement, or simply wishes to cancel for a refund (no questions asked!) please contact us at support@virpil.com.

Thank you for your continued support,

VIRPIL Controls Team

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So another week and a bit passed, no parcels, no update about where they are and no promised connection via Teamviewer. It's nice for those who can use the device :cry:

I believe I'd replied to your ticket to confirm that replacements have been sent to you via Express postage - can you please confirm?

If not, please shoot me over a PM and I'll send the details over here instead. :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the WarBRD Base (sitting in my cart ) shipping is $55... I heard they may have an NA distributor by the end of the summer. Anyone else hear that ?

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I just ordered a T-50CM on 6/22. It turns out that my neighbors are thieves, and are stealing my packages. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the ship to address on this to my place of work? I put in a ticket asking this, but I thought the response might be quicker here, and I'm worried that it will get shipped before I get an answer.

Thanks in advance.

I just ordered a T-50CM on 6/22. It turns out that my neighbors are thieves, and are stealing my packages. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the ship to address on this to my place of work? I put in a ticket asking this, but I thought the response might be quicker here, and I'm worried that it will get shipped before I get an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Just send an email to Cyph3r support@virpil.com and mark it urgent in the subject line. I've found him pretty quick when replying.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad to hear that the post office will hold it if I can't sign for it. That didn't quite work out for me today. I had ordered a slew upgrade for my throttle (I'm in the Pacific NW of the US). At 1:03 pm the delivery person said that they were leaving a note that no one was here to sign. Then at 1:06 a mysterious person (who obviously didn't come out of my house) stepped in to sign and take it away. The sad thing is that they will have no idea what it is and will never be able to use it. I don't trust anything to be delivered to my residence anymore.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the WarBRD Base (sitting in my cart ) shipping is $55... I heard they may have an NA distributor by the end of the summer. Anyone else hear that ?

We are currently working on opening our dedicated US distribution channels - we're working on this as fast as we can but there are no solid dates just yet!

Thanks in advance.

Replied to your ticket already I believe! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virpil customer support is pretty awesome

As I was writing a new reply here, I got a response from Virpil's customer service and was able to supply my work address to have my package sent there. This seems like the safest way to proceed. But I am absolutely amazed at the responsiveness of Virpil. My hat is off to their customer service.

We are currently working on opening our dedicated US distribution channels - we're working on this as fast as we can but there are no solid dates just yet!

Replied to your ticket already I believe! :thumbup:

Outstanding service. Really top notch. Makes me very pleased that I decided to place an order with Virpil!

Anyone know if the VPC Constellation DELTA Grip will work with my FSSB R3 Warthog base?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Anyone know if the VPC Constellation DELTA Grip will work with my FSSB R3 Warthog base?

Direct form Virpils site......

The VPC Constellation Delta Grip is compatible with the following bases:

VPC MongoosT-50 Base

VPC WarBRD Base