Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Hi,

With the CM version, is the brake lever still bending under moderate pressure (like the non-CM)? Virpil said they improved the folding trigger & brake, but its not clear "how"...

Thanks

I have standard version and my brake lever wont bend. Grip is qood quality.

Brake lever is really light, so its imposible that it bends , least in my T-50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have standard version and my brake lever wont bend. Grip is qood quality.

Brake lever is really light, so its imposible that it bends , least in my T-50

Yeah can't say I have noticed my brake lever bending, however when pulling it back once I do reach full stop I don't necessarily keep pulling on it to see how much it might bend either.

It certainly does not bend whilst pulling on it throughout the axis travel.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So I'm gonna finally get the desk mount and extensions. I notice on their website it's £50 cheaper than Amazon (I know I also get a 5% discount). Does the UK put £50 on import duty? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Well hopefully it's worth the wait. I ordered my T-50 Base on March 11th...I got an email last week stating my order would ship either end last week or very first of this week. Now they notified me no shipments will go out until April 10th. I really hope that means mine will go out then but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath....

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Well hopefully it's worth the wait. I ordered my T-50 Base on March 11th...I got an email last week stating my order would ship either end last week or very first of this week. Now they notified me no shipments will go out until April 10th. I really hope that means mine will go out then but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath....

Well I know that is disappointing, but trust me it is so well worth the wait.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would love to order one of these but my situation requires I wait for the warBRD base. Hopefully won't be too long.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well I know that is disappointing, but trust me it is so well worth the wait.

That's very encouraging. I hope the don't delay past the 10th...I'm not very happy with them ATM...I don't mind waiting for a prescribed amount of time but now it feels like their shooting at a moving target.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

That's very encouraging. I hope the don't delay past the 10th...I'm not very happy with them ATM...I don't mind waiting for a prescribed amount of time but now it feels like their shooting at a moving target.

I feel your pain. It's extremely frustrating. I ordered on 27 Feb and still have not received mine. That's 5 weeks and still waiting.

I lost 5 days while it was stuck in customs in Minsk.

After it leaves customs in Minsk, you lose all tracking of your item. I have had zero updates since it left Minsk on 26 March.

Prepare yourself for at least 6 weeks.

I feel your pain. It's extremely frustrating. I ordered on 27 Feb and still have not received mine. That's 5 weeks and still waiting.

I had two items take 6+ weeks once they had left Minsk.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's pathetic really. You pay a lot of money up front and you don't get the items for far too long.

I emailed them about the loss of tracking after Minsk and they claimed it would just slow the item down further if it was tracked. Here is their reply:

Well, yes that is correct - as the shipment is being delivered to xxxx, it does not get scanned in at any other country a long the way, this would only serve to delay the delivery.

The next tracking update will be when the parcel is received by customs.

"this would only serve to delay the delivery"

I say rubbish !

This is where Virpil fall down and need to markedly improve.

Their ordering, ordering communication and tracking process is very poor.

Edited by speedbird5

Wow! So 6+ weeks of additional time after it shipped?! That's crazy! Thank God everyone seems to be very happy with the products once they receive them.

Edited by Greekbull

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Wow! So 6+ weeks of additional time after it shipped?! That's crazy! Thank God everyone seems to be very happy with the products once they receive them.

No, he is saying six+ weeks after it cleared customs in Minsk.

It would have spent 5 days sitting in customs in Minsk !!

So add another 5 days to the 6+ weeks - almost 7 weeks after it shipped.

And shipping takes 14 working days (about 20 calendar days) !

So almost 67 days = 9.5 weeks after ordering !

Edited by speedbird5

I think you guys should relax, there’s no middleman warehouse here like amazon with its slave army.

Btw completely worth the wait.

Wish the throttle was out though

Weedwacker...

What date did you order it?

What date did you receive it ?

I ordered mine March 1, it shipped on the 23rd, and that included a 2 day long weekend in Belarus. I placed the order later in the evening my time too IRRC, so technically it'd be March 2nd to be fair. So, 20 days total, and only 14 total "working" days. This is roughly half of what they say to expect, 10 to 14 on their end, and then 5 to 14 on the shippers end.

Last thing I can see in the tracking info is it left customs in Minsk on the 28th.

The order I placed before Xmas took about 3 weeks total from placing the order to receiving the package in my box.

I have no complaints in this department, however I hope once Virpil gets into their new building and starts streamlining operations, they explore other options for shipping - if there is any. The cost we're paying for EMS, I do wonder if FedEx or even ...UPS (boooooo!) wouldn't be a less expensive option, which would also give the customer MUCH better tracking capability.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

The order I placed before Xmas took about 3 weeks total from placing the order to receiving the package in my box.

I have no complaints in this department

Well, I have plenty of complaints in this department. For me, 35 days and still waiting and no clue where it is in the world.

They need to get rid of EMS. It's extremely expensive and crap tracking.

Edited by speedbird5

Weedwacker...

What date did you order it?

What date did you receive it ?

I dont want to upset you but I ordered on Feb 26th and recieved it april 1st, i live in ny so i am near jfk a hour outside the city, the usps delievered after it cleared customs, customs is usually backed up, ur item is probably in country but not scanned yet

Well, I have plenty of complaints in this department. For me, 35 days and still waiting and no clue where it is in the world.

They need to get rid of EMS. It's extremely expensive and crap tracking.

EMS is important, very important, you dont want corporations like UPS and Fedex running our stuff, they already over stuff the trucks as is, the mentality is the more shit they can deliever the more money they make, and paying for broken items doesn't matter to them plus they will fight you over that and then put you on a list where you need sig required if you ever do complain about a released package and you can never get off it unless you move (i mean you might be able too after non stop phone calls and good luck getting the right person to do that)

btw you would pay out the ass to have UPS or fedex deliever this, plus they all piggyback and use each others existing infrastructures, fedex/ups fleet of planes are pretty large

EMS is just your government post offices working together internationally, where as UPS/FEdex are like the Apple of the world, then their is Amazon trying to do their own thing but again they have to sleep with everyone to deliver

USPS is reportedly FedEx's largest customer now. Fedex owns the most planes where as UPS has the largest amount of Ground delievery services (in usa)

Of course this is all pertaining to packages and not letters.

Your local post office could even have UPS pick it up to complete the delivery, it all depends.

Edited by Weedwacker

EMS is important, very important, you dont want corporations like UPS and Fedex running our stuff, they already over stuff the trucks as is, the mentality is the more shit they can deliever the more money they make, and paying for broken items doesn't matter to them plus they will fight you over that and then put you on a list where you need sig required if you ever do complain about a released package and you can never get off it unless you move (i mean you might be able too after non stop phone calls and good luck getting the right person to do that)

btw you would pay out the ass to have UPS or fedex deliever this, plus they all piggyback and use each others existing infrastructures, fedex/ups fleet of planes are pretty large

EMS is just your government post offices working together internationally, where as UPS/FEdex are like the Apple of the world, then their is Amazon trying to do their own thing but again they have to sleep with everyone to deliver

USPS is reportedly FedEx's largest customer now. Fedex owns the most planes where as UPS has the largest amount of Ground delievery services (in usa)

Your local post office could even have UPS pick it up to complete the delivery, it all depends.

OK point taken Weedwacker. Just frustrated at the lack of information, communication and the inordinate amount of time it's taking.

Glad you got yours in a reasonable time. I ordered mine on 27th Feb, the day after you did.

Edited by speedbird5

For what it's worth, my T-50 got delayed in transit last year, and arrived more than 6 weeks later, rusty and damaged. I later had a replacement cam set sent out that was declared lost after more than 2 months. It took three months to receive the cams. All in all, from the time my order initially shipped, to the time I was using the stick, it was about 8 months (and an email chain totalling around 90 emails). I believe I had 4 shipments from EMS, one was on time, one was slightly delayed by a couple of weeks, one was lost, and one was heavily delayed by more than six weeks. Based on that, I couldn't recommend EMS as a service to Australia. I get a lot of items shipped here, because so much of it is sitting in warehouses in the US or China, but I've never had such a bad run. It must be incredibly frustrating for Virpil too. My biggest criticisms with EMS are the lack of checkpoint tracking updates - you get an update when it leaves the country of origin, and when it arrives in the destination country, but nothing in between. Also there is no way to directly contact EMS for support, you need to go through the shipper. Luckily, Virpil have great service, so they get onto it for you quickly, but that seperation isn't confidence inspiring, especially if you have a shipper with poor/slow client communication.

Edited by hughlb

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For what it's worth, my T-50 got delayed in transit last year, and arrived more than 6 weeks later, rusty and damaged. I later had a replacement cam set sent out that was declared lost after more than 2 months. It took three months to receive the cams. All in all, from the time my order initially shipped, to the time I was using the stick, it was about 8 months (and an email chain totalling around 90 emails). I believe I had 4 shipments from EMS, one was on time, one was slightly delayed by a couple of weeks, one was lost, and one was heavily delayed by more than six weeks. Based on that, I couldn't recommend EMS as a service to Australia. I get a lot of items shipped here, because so much of it is sitting in warehouses in the US or China, but I've never had such a bad run. It must be incredibly frustrating for Virpil too. My biggest criticisms with EMS are the lack of checkpoint tracking updates - you get an update when it leaves the country of origin, and when it arrives in the destination country, but nothing in between. Also there is no way to directly contact EMS for support, you need to go through the shipper. Luckily, Virpil have great service, so they get onto it for you quickly, but that seperation isn't confidence inspiring, especially if you have a shipper with poor/slow client communication.

Wow ! Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

As a flip view, also being in Aus, it was approx 2 weeks to arrive once the T-50 was released (I had pre-ordered).

Also, I had one of the early batches with rough cams, I got my replacement cams in about 12 days.

EMS is hit and miss, I think. As an Aussie, International shipping is a way of life, an I must say, I still hate ordering stuff from the US when they DON’T offer reguler USPS mail service, as I find stuff from the US, via USPS, arrives in about 4 days, AND, they will post to my PO Box, so I don’t have to constantly drive to courier depots to pick stuff up (Who’s home between 9am-6pm anyway?).

But I digress, I got my goodies in good time.

Z...