SU25 LASER GUIDE PROBLEM

redshark

Related, how can you change the speed of the targeting retical movement ?? Make the action smoother, and more even. Mine seems to accelerate and jump past the point I am searching for. Really frustrating. I am using keyboard and JOY STICK HAT to check if one is any better, they move the same... thanks !

As fast you pitch/banking while you move the reticle been ground stabilised, then this banking/ pitching will make an uncertain reticle movement. When you want to move the reticle on ground stabilised, you should be the most straight possible to the target doing small correction till you get the best pointing over the target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

almost immpossible to hit something with this system, very hard

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yup. Unless you ground stabilize the reticle right over the target good luck making adjustments to get it there and having enough time to fire off a shot.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

I have a half-decent hit percentage with the method I use.

For me it depends on whether the Gods favour me that day or not.

Either way it's terrible, it's akin to the gun not working in the A-10 module (for me at least).

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

• 1 month later...

Just saw this in the News forum

DCS FC3

* Su-25. Misaligned the reticle of gunsight and actual aim point is fixed

Keeping fingers crossed that this announcements means they've fixed this issue.

Just saw this in the News forum

Keeping fingers crossed that this announcements means they've fixed this issue.

Well, I tested it and although moving the piper after ground stabilisation is not easy, the laser guided missiles impact where it designates.

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you guys really, really sure that this is operating as intended? It is extremely frustrating and counter-intuitive.

Why can't it just work the way it does in this old training video? (Watch from 4:40)

[ame]

[/ame]

• 1 month later...
Thank you for your reply, but I haven't got problem, when I fly Su-25T and I use only laser.

Different aircraft, with different targeting system.

It is difficult but perfectly possible hit things with laser guided missiles in Su-25. You need to keep the plane very, very stable, and do as few and as small corrections to pipper as possible.

Yes the laser is gyro stabilized, but gyro stabilization isn't magic :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yes it can but will be trickier, and probability of a hit will be less. Picking original locking point ahead of the target in it's movement direction can help, this way you will need to apply less correction on pipper.

But yeah, it is even more difficult to reliably hit moving targets, especially the armoured ones as a near miss won't be enough on them.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 10 months later...

Here is what I found, flying the Su-25 and trying to program my HOTAS :

This is definitely a bug !!

Target UNLOCKED :

- TDC UP moves the pipper UP : OK

- TDC DOWN moves the pipper DOWN : OK

- TDC RIGHT moves the pipper to the RIGHT : OK

- TDC LEFT moves the pipper to the LEFT : OK

Target LOCKED :

- TDC UP moves the pipper UP AND LEFT

- TDC DOWN moves the pipper DOWN AND LEFT AGAIN !!

- TDC RIGHT moves the pipper SLOWLY to the right

- TDC LEFT moves the pipper FASTER to the left (twice the speed to the right!!)

Obviously there is an added input to the left when moving the pipper AND the terget is LOCKED.

My DCS version is 1.5.6.4546.

I flew the Su-25 (NOT the T version !)

Can someone have a try ? Try it on the ground while the plane is not moving. This will make things much easier.

Utirvik

Target LOCKED :

- TDC UP moves the pipper UP AND LEFT

- TDC DOWN moves the pipper DOWN AND LEFT AGAIN !!

- TDC RIGHT moves the pipper SLOWLY to the right

- TDC LEFT moves the pipper FASTER to the left (twice the speed to the right!!)

It moves so weird because your plane is not steady... If you press any move key, adjust it with the attitude with the plane. TDC only moves the cursor when you did not lock it on a ground position. If you did, as I said, adjust if with pressing any TDC cursor movement key and adjust the position of the pipper with controlling the attitude of your plane

It moves so weird because your plane is not steady... If you press any move key, adjust it with the attitude with the plane. TDC only moves the cursor when you did not lock it on a ground position. If you did, as I said, adjust if with pressing any TDC cursor movement key and adjust the position of the pipper with controlling the attitude of your plane

The plane was on the ground. I cannot make it more steady :smilewink:

This is definately a bug.

• 5 months later...