SU25 LASER GUIDE PROBLEM

redshark

I've updated DCS to 1.2.11,but when I fly su25 to deploy laser guided S25L,after lock on targert,I want to move aiming pipper to adjust aim point slightly,but the pipper moved to unexpect direction,this problem make me can't presice aim target,why?:(

• Like 1

I've updated DCS to 1.2.11,but when I fly su25 to deploy laser guided S25L,after lock on targert,I want to move aiming pipper to adjust aim point slightly,but the pipper moved to unexpect direction,this problem make me can't presice aim target,why?:(

You'll have to elaborate on 'moved to unexpected direction' and also do you have a track?

Otherwise, I would say to double check your key mappings and the mappings to your flight stick.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

New issue for me as well with the version 1.2.11 (never had it before). It's hard to describe and making a video didn't work out very well. The best I can do is say that after locking a target with the vanilla Su-25, attempting to adjust the pipper location does strange things.

Without a lock it moves naturally and as you'd expect (ie slewing down makes it go down). But once a lock is established (bearing in mind it doesn't actually lock anything, just stabalizes) it does very strange things like go left a few tank lengths instead of down like ordered but only for an instant, then it will follow the command. Trying to correct it by commanding it right is just as likely to have it move up/down or even left as it is to follow the command. As said, it will eventually go in the desired direction, but typically only after completely screwing up your aim.

If you still have no clue what I'm talking about, take a Su-25 into any mission (I did my latest test in free flight via the FMB), load it with any laser guided missile and attempt a missile attack on a point target. The bug occurs nearly every time and although difficult to demo in a track or video, is absurdly obvious the instant you try to actually fly the thing. I have this same bug on two radically different machines, so it's a safe bet it's universal and not a configuration issue.

It may be not a bug, but a feature, laser tends to jump even when stabilized when it illuminates angled/sloped grounds at certain angles at longer distances. Just fly closer and it should stabilize - it is actually how the real laser behaves because of aircraft vibration which are hard to stabilize and uneven/angled surfaces, which then make the laser jump. You can simulate it with a laser pointer :)

• Like 1

We aren't talking about drift or jumping due to sudden changes in distance. The laser is totally stable until you try to move it, at which point it moves at the speed expected, simply in the wrong direction. It happens on completely flat surfaces too.

Now I get it, sorry... Today, I've tested it extensively to replicate it (around 30 KH-25ML launches with moving the reticle before and after launch after ground stabilization). So far I haven't encountered this problem, it works well with my setup .

It is different now.

The AoA changes of the aircraft are effecting the movement of the stabilized laser. If you get the aircraft on a rail so the terrain you see through the HUD glass isn't drifting, then the directional adjustments work as expected.

It is different now.

The AoA changes of the aircraft are effecting the movement of the stabilized laser. If you get the aircraft on a rail so the terrain you see through the HUD glass isn't drifting, then the directional adjustments work as expected.

And, is it just me, or the Frogfoot has become a lot more realistic wrt to it's reactions to sudden AoA changes?

I tried a rocket run after the update, and it definitely doesn't like the nose pushed around as hard.

Don't get me wrong: higher aerodynamic fidelity is a good thing - I just have to unlearn some bad habits :P

• 3 months later...

This problem for piper moving eratically after ground stabilization still persists.

I thought that the mini-joystick I am using for slewing is malfunctioning but is not. I really hope that this issue be evaluated, SU25 is the best situational awarness trainer .

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I have this problem too. We are already in the 1.2.16 and still we have this problem. When I want to move the pipper up, this go down and when I want to move down this go up.

Somebody of ED can explain what happen? 1.2.16 version and is not fixed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed this also, I am pretty sure its because when you ground stabilise the piper and want to move it, the aircraft nose is not stable and moves around in respect to ground stabilisation point... so when you want to move the piper right and aircraft nose is moving left, the piper moves right in respect to aircraft nose, but if nose is moveing more left in respect to locked point on ground, the piper will appear to move left also in respect to locked point on ground.

I don't know if this is realistic though... I would hope not

For now, at least untill this is fixed try to keep nose stabilised when adjusting the piper and don't let the piper move on HUD before you start adjusting.

I just checked, this bug is already reported (Bug #28839)

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I have this problem too. We are already in the 1.2.16 and still we have this problem. When I want to move the pipper up, this go down and when I want to move down this go up.

Somebody of ED can explain what happen? 1.2.16 version and is not fixed

The members of the HDF 59th VAB "Searching WASP" Strike Fighters Squadron this problem too.

Interesting laser guided missiles was good in Open-beta 1.2.14 and 1.2.15. and problem is again 1.2.16, of course Su-25A only.

I have the same problem... AGAIN.

And I'm pretty tired of using laser guidance with Su-25.

With one version it's ok and I enjoy lasing targets and taking them from far away with precision. But with the next update it becomes buggy again and the stabilized piper doesn't move adequately.

There was this bug with the missile range that didn't allow me to shoot the missiles from far away and I was stuck with the campaign and couldn't go further.

So for me the Su-25 is just bomb truck and unguided rockets carrier for now on. I'm pretty pissed with these constant bugs!

• 3 weeks later...

I also have noticed this, reading through I found that with the 25A;

Make your approach from far out

When in visual range or know the particular area stabilize laser

Center the plane towards the target and heres the key, L Alt + 1 to maintain your attitude and roll.

Make the nessisary adjustments with your slew, its becomes easier at this point if your aircraft is stable.

When in range fire but keep holding your AP attitude and roll hold until splash while holding your finger over AP Disengage and when splash comes hit that sucker and pull off and use recommended CM if you are in low alt sam territory

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Center the plane towards the target and heres the key, L Alt + 1 to maintain your attitude and roll.

Make the nessisary adjustments with your slew, its becomes easier at this point if your aircraft is stable.

When in range fire but keep holding your AP attitude and roll hold until splash while holding your finger over AP Disengage and when splash comes hit that sucker and pull off and use recommended CM if you are in low alt sam territory

In addition to that, you can lower the gunsight glass using right ctrl + H and raise it using right shift + H.

That allows you to make your approach a little closer or a lot higher.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

• 3 weeks later...

This advise sadly dosent work since as mentioned the Su-25A dosent have an Autopilot so u cant use it to stabilize the aircraft.

But then again the Targeting problem is there even if u fly perfectly stable.

I really wish this problem would be fixed =(.

What I find works for me is maneuvering the aircraft ever so slightly before adjusting the cross-hair. So, if I want to move the cross-hair up a bit, I pull the nose of the plane up a bit and then slew the cross-hair up a bit. If I want to move the cross-hair to the left a bit, I yaw the nose of the plane left a bit and then slew the cross-hair left a bit. I find the slew is more cooperative if I use this sequence. Otherwise, it goes where it wants.