Remind me, which cams come stock again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soft center.
NahkaSukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #2262
jjohnson241

Hi,
Hopefully someone here can educate me.
I pre-ordered a Warbird Base and VPC confirmed the order via email on 7-17-18. I read from VPC that these bases should become available and begin shipping during the week of 7-16-18. I was curious and tried to check the status of my order today and noticed that the availability of the Warbird Base is listed as "Out of Stock" on VPC-Controls.

I was wondering if anyone here has seen a shipment notice for the
Warbird of may have any info on the status of orders at this poiont.
Thanks

3rd Mar Div
RVN '66-'67
jjohnson241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #2263
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson241 View Post
Hi,
I pre-ordered a Warbird Base and VPC confirmed the order via email on 7-17-18. I read from VPC that these bases should become available and begin shipping during the week of 7-16-18. I was curious and tried to check the status of my order today and noticed that the availability of the Warbird Base is listed as "Out of Stock" on VPC-Controls.

Thanks
I ordered on April 20th and my order status just says confirmed. No news yet of when shipments will occur although my buddy ordered the t50 stick with original base on 6-27 and he received it yesterday. But he also had them cancel the order and confirmed it was cancelled yet it still showed up at his door.

He ended up sending it back because he found 2 T-50 sticks on eBay, left and right handed ones and ordered those.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #2264
mdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson241 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
The did not ship any pre-orders. They still have pre-orders from mid-April to fulfill. Nobody has any concrete information regarding shipping dates of pre-orders.

Last edited by mdee; 07-19-2018 at 05:14 PM.
mdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:46 PM   #2265
LeCuvier

Default VPC Support Experience

I had screwed up my T-50 joystick when I tried to re-calibrate it. It was not usable any more. Reason: I did not follow the documentation step by step. The software is not intuitive, so you really have to follow the documentation.
I wrote to the VPC support and they fixed the problem on-line using TeamViewer.
Once we were connected, the "surgery" took about 10 minutes.
If you ever need to use VPC support it's a good idea to install the (free) TeamViewr client software beforehand.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #2266
funkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkman View Post
So another week and a bit passed, no parcels, no update about where they are and no promised connection via Teamviewer. It's nice for those who can use the device
Update on the situation, after finally connecting via teamviewer and verifying that I wasn't doing anything stupid as well as having made several of my own cables it seems I've had a dud device. I had to send it back under warranty and their policy is to repair the old units rather than send new ones (which is understandable for a small business). The downside of this is that its been 6 months since I actually ordered the device and sadly i've never been able to use it.

I might be prepared to break another Thrustmaster gimball again for this kind of wait but they say "good things come to those who wait"
funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:13 PM   #2267
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkman View Post
Update on the situation, after finally connecting via teamviewer and verifying that I wasn't doing anything stupid as well as having made several of my own cables it seems I've had a dud device. I had to send it back under warranty and their policy is to repair the old units rather than send new ones (which is understandable for a small business). The downside of this is that its been 6 months since I actually ordered the device and sadly i've never been able to use it.

I might be prepared to break another Thrustmaster gimball again for this kind of wait but they say "good things come to those who wait"
Yikes that is a heck of a long time to have to wait for a working device.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #2268
Karon

Don't tell me.. I have opened a ticket for a vibration issue on May 12 in my Base (bought in October 2017), ended up having to ship it back (stripped one cam screw no matter the soldering iron) and I'm still waiting. That's 89 days today, 3 months basically.

I understand they prefer to repair and ship back but damn, patience is quickly running out. Can they just send a replacement back (maybe with a different or temporary firmware and then replace it once they received the faulty product, so no one can abuse) when they have the tracking number or the damaged/defective product?

I have preordered the throttle as well but who cares about it when I have no stick?
Another problem is that CS just says "don't worry, it's the support queue", without giving any ETA. How long this queue is?

132nd Virtual Wing - 696th vSquadron
VCB: ArmA3 British Army Light Infantry platoon
A3/DCS youtube channel: ArmA3 streaming + DCS nonsense
Arduino controls box forum thread
Karon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #2269
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karon View Post
Don't tell me.. I have opened a ticket for a vibration issue on May 12 in my Base (bought in October 2017), ended up having to ship it back (stripped one cam screw no matter the soldering iron) and I'm still waiting. That's 89 days today, 3 months basically.
That is crazy...

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #2270
Joe Lighty

I really want to purchase one of these, but for the issues with lack of availability and support as described above... It's a shame, I'd love to see a company like this do well - but they seem to screw it up for themselves - both Virpil AND VKB with monotonous regularity!
Joe Lighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc