Thrustmaster Reveal - TPR Rudder System

Jabbers_

It seems the price is around 500 USD. Someone mentioned in the forum there is a 20% discount for oders from the TM shop till the end of July

Yeah but they have closed the pre-orders so you cannot take advantage of that.

Yeah but they have closed the pre-orders so you cannot take advantage of that.

giphy.gif

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 3 weeks later...

Mine arrived today, testing them tomorrow. They are nicely put together, they feel great in my cockpit, better than the MFG's if I dare say so. But at twice the price they better be as good as they look.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Really looking forward to your assessment. I put one in my cart on Amazon but am waiting to hear if they are worth the $500 asking price. If it's as good as their Wartog then it will be worth it.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Thrustmaster sent me a review set so I’ll be giving them a thorough review myself, but giving them a couple weeks before I do, get some good use out of them before I fully make up my mind so stay tuned to my YouTube channel if you want my opinion before buying :)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Really looking forward to your assessment. I put one in my cart on Amazon but am waiting to hear if they are worth the $500 asking price. If it's as good as their Wartog then it will be worth it.

That’s setting the bar pretty low for $500 pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

In the YouTube video in post #61 the pedals are in. AFrame setup what was this for as the throttle and stick are elsewhere

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

In the YouTube video in post #61 the pedals are in. AFrame setup what was this for as the throttle and stick are elsewhere

Not quite sure I understand what you are asking, that was my video at E3

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

The black metal frame that the pedals seem to. Be sitting in from the angle of the video. It might have been the platform they used to adjust the. Length fordifferent testers

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

The black metal frame that the pedals seem to. Be sitting in from the angle of the video. It might have been the platform they used to adjust the. Length fordifferent testers

Is is the racing seat that we used for the demo at E3, just had the 'racing' bits removed for the flight demo. The distance to pedals didn't move, the seat was adjusted forward and backwards.

9112378_02_big.thumb.jpg.a89c138590baf491489e0e6441c9b836.jpg

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Ok I did. See the seat in. The video. It makes sense now

Nice setup

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

If possible test TPR without center springs in DCS helicopters, think this will be an interesting option.

OK will do, do helicopters typically not have resistance back to center?

Yes, since heli pilot act over pedal practically all time, without springs became more natural.

Seems that if is need remove foots from pedals the weight of vertical bar of inverted "T" is sufficient for keep pedal on ~ center. If confirmed this TPR will be the best option for helicopters that not dedicated pedals - e.g. Komodo.

Edited by Sokol1_br

You can remove the springs or use a part that will neutralize the spring effect. i've created a 3D printable part for that if someone is interested. You can switch "off" the spring in 2 seconds, and return to the original setup as quickly. In the case ypu want to use it without spring, it would be interesting to add some friction : without springs, due to the weight of the pedals and the lack of friction, Isaac NEWTON magic calls the pedals to center position.

Add a Friction system may be easy, but no time for expriment and mod this right now, just enjoying the rudder as it is.

Thanks for that. I was really hopeful they would be as good as you say they are.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground