Fairford 2018

Coxy_99

I'll be there. Weather was not at all good on the Saturday last year and the F22 was disappointing too. But this year the line up looks great again and hopefully the cloud base stays up high. I am particularly looking forward to the Typhoon diamond 9, Vampire pair and UKR Flanker. But the Mig 21 might steal the show for me.

PC specs:

Yea weather was poor on the Saturday, Back in the grandstand this year to, We got tickets for Saturday again, I myself have not seen the Mig-21 before so yea a show win for me, SU-27 last year was really good, Like you say hopefully thee cloud base is high.

I'm coming from Norway to visit the RIAT friday and sunday. First time at an UK airshow for me. Really looking forward to it. Got any good tips?

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

Get there early and i mean early, Traffic can be bad, The road we came down was a narrow lane, Im going to hang back after to and let the car park clear :)

Hat and sunscreen a must. There is no shade outdoors and the sun really beats down (hopefully it will anyway!).

I like the eastern end of the showground (I don't have a grandstand or enclosure ticket) because that's where they take off. However some people like to head for the middle where the choppers display mostly and the syncho pairs pass, etc.

The static display is always huge and this year looks to be even bigger. So get there early to see all of that and not miss the flying display.

PC specs:

Get there early and i mean early, Traffic can be bad, The road we came down was a narrow lane, Im going to hang back after to and let the car park clear :)
Roger that. I've got an hotel nearby and I'll start out early to avoid the worst traffic. Good tip about letting it clear up a bit before leaving. Thanks!

Hat and sunscreen a must. There is no shade outdoors and the sun really beats down (hopefully it will anyway!).

I like the eastern end of the showground (I don't have a grandstand or enclosure ticket) because that's where they take off. However some people like to head for the middle where the choppers display mostly and the syncho pairs pass, etc.

The static display is always huge and this year looks to be even bigger. So get there early to see all of that and not miss the flying display.

Isnt there something like 100 aircraft? Cant remember if thats just static.

Where I live there hasn't been much sun yet, so I guess I'll better bring a high factor sunscreen! And sunglasses, ofcourse. And an umbrella, just in case.

We've got enclosure tickets for both days. Viewing garden on friday and Pimms on sunday. Bringing my 5 yo son, so I thought it would be good to have a place to sit down. It'll limit how much we can move around, having him along. But we've got two days there, so I hope I'll get to see the static display too.

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated!