Possible to Individually Ignore or Block User?

Bearfoot

I believe this mechanism, by providing for a mature way to handle the discussions that often degenerate to the same few people brutally banging their heads against the same wall (i.e., screaming past each other), and often "infecting" multiple threads with the same argument, is the single best way to dramatically improve the general atmosphere of the forums as well as saving the blood pressure related medical bills of the forum participants. I suspect that moderator headaches and blood pressure and stress will also reduce once people start using this feature.

Basically, it allows individual forum users to simple block or ignore other individual forum users: they do not see their posts or responses. They can still interact indirectly on the same thread (e.g., if a third user, who is not ignored or blocked by one or the other, quotes the ignored/blocked one), but it really still goes a far, far, far, far, far way to help!

• ED Team

Hi

if you click on someones profile you can find user list and click add to ignore list.

Hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 11 months later...
  • ED Team

Sorry seems to have changed.

Go to your account settings, scroll to the bottom you can add users to your ignore list

hope that helps

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...

If you ignore a person, it just hides their posts so you don't see them but it does not stop them from seeing and replying to your posts right? Or is it the same as a Facebook block? 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

48 minutes ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

If you ignore a person, it just hides their posts so you don't see them but it does not stop them from seeing and replying to your posts right?

correct, they will see your posts unless they have you on their ignore list 🙂  .. however you wont see their replies … unless someone else quotes their message.

48 minutes ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Or is it the same as a Facebook block? 

have no idea, as I don't use facebook 😇

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

correct, they will see your posts unless they have you on their ignore list 🙂  .. however you wont see their replies … unless someone else quotes their message.

have no idea, as I don't use facebook 😇

They should have a block option like in Facebook where it's both ways, meaning the one you block can't see your posts. 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

• ED Team

If you have an issue with another user and if they are breaking any rules feel free to PM me or Nineline 

thanks

17 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

They should have a block option like in Facebook where it's both ways, meaning the one you block can't see your posts. 

No. They should not. You can hide your post if you don't want it to be seen.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

5 hours ago, draconus said:

No. They should not. You can hide your post if you don't want it to be seen.

That's not the point or intention if you understand what a block is.  

On 4/22/2022 at 2:59 PM, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Not sure how well that would work here. Unlike Facebook, this forum is public. Someone could just log out and then see those messages that were hidden before, while they were still logged in. I'm guessing it would also allow to talk badly about someone, knowing that it's hidden from them by default and they couldn't reply to it even if they did see it anonymously.

Most of all, I'm not sure what such a feature would accomplish. I'm okay with users reading my posts after I've put them on my personal ignore list. And when I do occasionally read one of their posts through someone else quoting them, they tend to reinforce my feeling that it was the right thing to block them in the first place. 😄

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Not sure how well that would work here. Unlike Facebook, this forum is public. Someone could just log out and then see those messages that were hidden before, while they were still logged in. I'm guessing it would also allow to talk badly about someone, knowing that it's hidden from them by default and they couldn't reply to it even if they did see it anonymously.

Most of all, I'm not sure what such a feature would accomplish. I'm okay with users reading my posts after I've put them on my personal ignore list. And when I do occasionally read one of their posts through someone else quoting them, they tend to reinforce my feeling that it was the right thing to block them in the first place. 😄

Thanks. I see your point about the public part, which kind of defeats the purpose, to some extent, of a block/ignore.

• Like 1