F-5E Air Combat Maneuver Campaign

SC86

Will this campaign actually help me learn to become better at dogfighting and just overall a better sim pilot? I need to learn the basics of air combat because most of the stuff I grew up with was very simple and I really don't know how to think about it. And I need to learn how to work my aircrafts positive abilities against the enemies weaknesses.

Is this a good campaign for learning this stuff, or is there a better campaign?

Thanks!

Combat sim AI (not just DCS) leaves a lot to be desired. It just can’t do what a human mind can do when it comes to exploiting strengths and weaknesses (it’s own or yours).

The campaigns are great for learning to properly fly mission profiles and to learn how to effectively manage and fight the airframe you are in.

Multiplayer against other humans is the best teacher to take it to the next level. Especially when you can talk through and debrief to work through lessons learned etc.

Tacview is a fantastic 3rd party tool to replay your fights to see what really happened in 3D space. Not all servers allow it, but when it is available you will be amazed by what really happened vs what you saw from the cockpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...