Question on the steering cue (HUD) during CCRP

Cruizzzzer

Hey everyone…

Got some trouble interpreting the “steering cue” on the HUD while doing a CCRP.

While being laterally offset the “steering cue” shows you the degrees offset to the target waypoint, got that. But while being pretty directly overhead the target waypoint it indicates as an arrow pointing down with a number… okay, it shows that the target waypoint is below you (arrow pointing down), but what does the number on the arrow INDICATE?

Thanks for your help!

1016039705_steeringcue(2).jpg.e87f6c8041f376be97a439a5f8d7b8ff.jpg

Hey everyone…

Got some trouble interpreting the “steering cue” on the HUD while doing a CCRP.

While being laterally offset the “steering cue” shows you the degrees offset to the target waypoint, got that. But while being pretty directly overhead the target waypoint it indicates as an arrow pointing down with a number… okay, it shows that the target waypoint is below you (arrow pointing down), but what does the number on the arrow INDICATE?

Thanks for your help!

Number - basically - its a target's pitch angle. Angle between your plane ZSL (zero sight line) and direction to the target.

It means that the target is 39 degree under the plane.

Also, small note. There is no steering cue on your screenshot.

Edited by ICS_Vortex

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Sry, to bother again… But I had a second thought about what you said, that it is the angle from you to the target waypoint… That should mean, that the number would rise up to 90, while you being straight and level, and are passing right overhead that target waypoint… right?!

I never saw that number rise up to 90, but I gonna check that this afternoon…

2.5 miles is quite close. The closer you are, the greater the angle with a tiny offset. Take it to the extreme - if you're 20 feet away, you could have a 90 degree bearing to the target - yet still be 20 feet away. If you follow the "fall line", it'll take you over the target. Once you're "cleared hot", ignore the bearing to target