final landing speed on airfields

ex81

Your video is showing them doing a touch and go, not aerobraking.

I have attached a video showing the same thing.

It appears, you did NOT watch the full video. I even gave the "timestamps". Yes they do touch and go...but they also land at the end too...

There are two vids. Watch the end parts...Time stamp on first vid is 4:35

Time stamp on 2nd is :0:45

It appears, you did NOT watch the full video. Yes they do touch and go...but they also land at the end too...

There are two vids. Watch the end parts...Time stamp on first vid is 4:35

Time stamp on 2nd is :0:45

I see what jojyrocks sees, rollout full flaps, board is up, wing braking.

In F18 DCS hard - smoothly if at all - to do,

nose in the air wing brake with Hornet-C is just hard (almost impossible) too do, F18 DCS just wants to put nosewheel on ground, board up or not, you cannot stop that but for crazy janking, unlike what real life jets do (most? all? in particular military jets) and prob (no doubt?) the RL Hornet-C can do also (because this YT shows that),

and this is - somewhat - of a pity because it looks cool :), and is likely why these demonstrators do it.

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I see what jojyrocks sees, rollout full flaps, board is up, wing braking.

In F18 DCS hard - smoothly if at all - to do,

nose in the air wing brake with Hornet-C is just hard (almost impossible) too do, F18 DCS just wants to put nosewheel on ground, board up or not, you cannot stop that but for crazy janking, unlike what real life jets do (most? all? in particular military jets) and prob (no doubt?) the RL Hornet-C can do also (because this YT shows that),

and this is - somewhat - of a pity because it looks cool :), and is likely why these demonstrators do it.

So...does the FM need some TWEAKING on the FCS?

I get that its not the NATOPS procedure. But obviously, land based non Navy pilots do the flare and nose up aerobraking and its is clearly ABLE to do it.

In DCS its impossible with full flaps. With Half setting, its very easy.

Same with the F-14. There are Iranian vids of F-14 landing with the nose high kind of aerobraking and they have full flaps down, speedbrake plus the spoilers too.

In DCS its impossible with full flaps. With Half setting, its very easy.

so, who cares

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

The flight modeling...FCS could use some tweaking...

Doesn't DCS pride itself having almost accurate FM? or should this be ignored?

I suppose...you're right, who care about FM accuracy?

I land half flaps all the time and I survive that but cannot get my bloody bandit locked (MP) in time and that is somewhat urgent? So fix the bloody radar.