Padlock issue in DCS

tacannav

Padlock does not work with the F-14 at all, in the sky or on the ground, with other modules F-18 etc... it randomly padlocks ground objects, it sometimes intermittently padlocks headon aircraft on rare occasions, or various random spots in the sky locking up something in the atmosphere, I have IR track but I have become accustomed to using padlock with sim aircraft, without it I find it almost impossible to effectively engage enemy aircraft in a dogfight, hopefully heatblur can step up and get this padlock issue fixed with their product or dcs place this as a higher priority for fixing, otherwise I will likely give up and place all this stuff in my sim drawer and close it.

Because the F14 is a dogfighter I think it is mandatory that padlock works otherwise you cant doghfight at all.

Bug report for a feature is one thing but you'd be surprised how false is your statement.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yeah, F-14 is pretty much (beautiful, sexy, awesome, fast, heavy, flying missile launch station, beautiful, sexy, beautiful, sexy, cool, very cool, bad ass) but it is one thing not really: a dogfighter...

Btw: If you wanna dogfight, you need to do it without padlock, otherwise its a very strong, unfair advantage.

So even it is missing, learn to fight without it.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, F-14 is pretty much (beautiful, sexy, awesome, fast, heavy, flying missile launch station, beautiful, sexy, beautiful, sexy, cool, very cool, bad ass) but it is one thing not really: a dogfighter...

Btw: If you wanna dogfight, you need to do it without padlock, otherwise its a very strong, unfair advantage.

So even it is missing, learn to fight without it.

If implemented properly it's not "cheating". Besides, padlock has it's own disadvantages as far as limiting your spaceial orientation. (You are pretty much limited to put on lift vector and pull)

Let the padlock people padlock. And let server admins disable it if they wanna. But it should be working.