Operation Meltdown - 12 vs 12 PVP Tournament

X-man

IVKKDTD.jpg

OPERATION MELTDOWN

12 vs 12 PVP Tournament

February 29th, 2000z and March 1st, 2000z

Operation Meltdown is a 12 vs 12 PVP event combining both A2G and A2A objectives. The event takes inspiration from the early Joint Warrior missions and aims to combine the energy of a A2A squad match with the inclusion of ground objectives. This means it isn't enough to kill all enemy aircraft but you also have to protect your own units as well as destroy the opposing targets.

There will be 4 teams, each consisting of 2 - 3 squadrons. The teams will be randomly selected to fight another in two separate matches. The winner from each semi finals will face off in a final match for the title.

Once the teams have been selected, the mission will be published and teams will be free to plan on their own. I will make four different closed channels on the 64th discord:
that will be available for each team, if the need exists.

cJ8biin.jpg

Schedule:

Sign-up closure: January 31st

Publishing Teams and Mission: February 1st

The first match will be flown on February 29th at 2000z

The second match will be flown on March 1st at 2000z

The final match will be flown on May 2nd at 1900z

Prizes:

Unlike many other great events lately, this event will have no sponsor and no prizes. All for glory and fun!

Stream:

The Finals will be streamed by <64>Rage, No15 Verticle Charlie and No15 Skinner

Signup:

The event is open for squadrons only and as such, one representative should signup using the following format. The number of aircraft and roster are non-binding but should be as accurate as possible. Squadrons are allowed to bring LoneWolf pilots to fill the ranks.

The maximum number each squad can take is determined by the different teams. For example one squad can bring 8 if the other takes 4. If both squads have plenty, both will get 6 slots each unless an agreement between the parties are made.

Squadron Name..:

Aircraft................:

Pilots...................:

f64gW2X.jpg

Rules and Restrictions:

- Each match will run for a maximum of 2 hours.

- 1 Life per pilot & match.

- Available aircraft:

A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, M2000, F-14B, F/A-18C, F-16C, JF-17, Su-27, Su-33, J-11A

Note: FC3 are not available with the exception of the Flankers.

- F-14 Human RIO only (No Jester).

- No AWACS/EWR will be online. It's all in the pilots radar ability.

- The AI KC-135s available for refuel will be set to immortal.

- A2G munitions will be General Purpose bombs, LGBs, Mavericks and Rockets.

- Ping limit 300 ms

The following weapon restrictions will be in effect:

- A maximum of 4 Aim-54 per F-14B (subject to change if the new API arrives).

- A maximum of 6 active-radar-homing missiles per plane (SD-10, Aim-120B/C, R-77)

- No Aim-9X
- No Aim-54A mk60
- No Aim-54C mk47

- No GPS/INS guided weapons
- No man-in-the-loop weapons
- No A2G missiles (except AGM-65 (Rb-75) Maverick)
- No Cluster munitions

Scoring points:

- Aircraft killed +100 pts

- Aircraft Lost (SAM, Crash) -100 pts

- Team Kill -200 pts

- Objective #1 +500 pts

- Objective #2 +500 pts

- SAM destroyed +20 pts

ZqPpUU8.jpg

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Mission objectives

Mission File

VERSION 1.15: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12JHJXGcdCskOF_XcX06uMKGp6h3IA05Y

Mission Objectives

The mission is set between Shiraz, Iran and Al Minhad, UAE. All allowed aircraft are available to both sides and the mission objectives and ranges have been mirrored.

Both sides have 2 KC-135 and 2 KC-135MPRS available. They're set to orbit in a race track pattern half way between the targets and home plate (see images below). All will be set to immortal.

RED

The objective is to take out two targets. Both targets are protected by short range SAMs; Tors, Tunguskas, Strela and AAA.

Target #1: A Nuclear Power Plant near the coast (WP4). Strike at least 4 out of 5 buildings listed in the image below to complete the objective.

Target #2: Lavan Airport (WP5). Strike the runway with at least 4 hits as well as the parked Il-76 on the apron.

q2iPNU4.jpg

4dabOKD.jpg

se0hYGo.jpg

VVqOISD.jpg

qpQawWu.jpg

BLUE

The objective is to take out two targets. Both targets are protected by short range SAMs; Tors, Tunguskas, Strela and AAA.

Target #1: A Nuclear Power Plant inland, near Lar (WP5). Strike at least 4 out of 5 buildings listed in the image below to complete the objective.

Target #2: Lar Airbase (WP4). Strike the runway with at least 4 hits as well as the parked Il-76 on the apron.

Lsqdg4w.jpg

uBOwhpJ.jpg

TE6UNIL.jpg

6AXpvbb.jpg

JbLAFFz.jpg

More info to follow!

Edited by X-man

64th Aggressor Squadron

RvE

6xF/A-18, 1xM2000

1. Tito

2. Snowman

3. Cisco

4. Seal

5. Arc_Tander

6. Cover_now

7. Hel

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

• 2 weeks later...

X-man, I see that SATAL finals are scheduled for 29th Feb. Will this going to change the targeted kick-off of this event (currently scheduled 29th Feb @2000z?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Jagdfliegergeschwader 1 (JG-1) would like to sign up with the following pilots and aircraft.

1. Britchot - F/A-18C
  2. Trev5150 - F/A-18C
  3. Loopy - F/A-18C
  4. Jonne - JF-17
  5. Klaiber - M2kC

Edited by Britchot
6th pilot unable to attend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

-= IRIAF =- Team

Aircrafts : F-14 / F-18 / F-16 / Mirage 2000

Pilots :

-= IRIAF =- HawK.1

-= IRIAF =- REZA

-= IRIAF =- 1Pressure

-= IRIAF =- Gunslinger

-= IRIAF =- Hunter

-= IRIAF =- CHALLENGER67

-= IRIAF =- ALPHAWHISKEY

-= IRIAF =- FOOJI

-= IRIAF =- Cdt.Raviar

-= IRIAF =- Cdt.Kartal

-= IRIAF =- Cdt.GORGIN

-= IRIAF =- Cdt.Sabre

Edited by -= IRIAF =- HawK.1

New mission version and Tanker list now available in post #2: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160957&postcount=2

Hi,

Thanks for the efforts.

There are few things I would like to mention as may not be by purpose:

1. On the RedSide there are two Shell and two Arco as tankers, You may change the Call sign to avoid conflict. Shell, Arco, Texico ...

2. The tankers are in Orbit -Circle mode, You may add waypoint and make it Orbit-RaceTrack, as refueling in Circle while it is always in bank make it very difficult

3. The waypoint are in default altitude, you may modify it to have ground level altitude.

4. The AGM-88C is open for Hornet, you may modify the Airfield weapons list and remove it.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the efforts.

There are few things I would like to mention as may not be by purpose:

1. On the RedSide there are two Shell and two Arco as tankers, You may change the Call sign to avoid conflict. Shell, Arco, Texico ...

2. The tankers are in Orbit -Circle mode, You may add waypoint and make it Orbit-RaceTrack, as refueling in Circle while it is always in bank make it very difficult

3. The waypoint are in default altitude, you may modify it to have ground level altitude.

4. The AGM-88C is open for Hornet, you may modify the Airfield weapons list and remove it.

Thanks

Hey,

Let me address them one by one.

1. There are only 3 different tanker callsigns in the game (the ones you mentioned). So with 4 tankers, there's bound to be conflict regardless. I chose to name the boom tankers "Arco" ("Texaco" for blue) and the basket type "Shell". Note that they do have different numbers; Shell 5-1 and Shell 7-1, so you are able to differentiate them. The game also makes it so you always get the closest tanker on the top of the list. As long as you write down or remember the tanker list I included in one of the briefing images, you'll find the right one.

2. This is by design. I want the tanker "footprint" as small as possible so that it's easy for everyone to find the right one. IMHO, I don't find refueling in a bank much harder. If they're in racetrack, they can be a lot of miles away. Suggest practicing a bit more. If you still need to change it, I must ask you to check with the all of your team members. Then I might be able to change it. But an orbit is much more predictable, both finding it and knowing it won't make any sudden turns (since it's already turning).

3. You mean the client waypoints? If so, that's a lot of waypoints.

4. I'll make sure to do it.

Thanks for the feedback

64th Aggressor Squadron