Airfield Capture

xcom

Hi everyone,

I'm new to mission editing in DCS, and i'm trying to make a sort of dynamic mission that will be on going such as a war with base capturing and forces advancment.

I'm stuck at a point where i need to make units deactivate after being destroyed and base captured and reactivate undestroyed after the base has been recaptured.

For example -

If red side destroys all the vehicles in a blue airfield and a client flown red airplane or heli lands on the airfield:

1. The airfiled control changes to the red side.

2. Destroyed blue side units disapear.

3. Red side units apear after 3 minutes.

If blue side destroys all the vehicles in the same airfield again and client flown blue airplane or heli lands on the airfield:

1. The airfiled control changes to the blue side.

2. Destroyed red side units disapear.

3. Blue side units apear after 3 minutes.

This trigger/condition should be available for both sides and for uncertain number of airfield capture which means that the units need to reapear after recapture by the other side, the problem i'm facing is that i haven't found how to make destroyed units available again for when the airfield has been recaptured.

I would much appriciate any help regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

a unit, which is destroyed, will not respawn.

the only option i see, you have to active a NEW group of vehicles, evertime the airfield change side. And deactivate the other side vehicles...

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Player aircraft cannot capture airfields, only ground objects can take control. So you would need to either spawn in friendly ground vehicles once a player lands at the base or make the mission about supporting ground vehicles assaulting the base.

And you would needs lots and lots of copies of ground vehicles.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks for your responses.

What you guys wrote is the way it is happening now.

Any way to do it with a script? maybe tell the script to create the new units and new trigger if the base is captured with some condition?

Nope. Airbases are still owned by either their default value or by a coalition vehicle parked nearby.

For SLMOD, see this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The Capturing is working fine when there is a vehicle from the other coalition nearby.

My problem is still unsolved unfortunetly, I guess I'll have to clone the air defense group for each coalition alot of times to make this work.