just bought Ka-50

colubridae

No need for that, as you can very well mix the two methods.

When you need to maneuver, you can't do clicking method, and when you work with rockets and cannon, you don't want to fight against AP in the moment of firing.

It is like CCRP v. CCIP method, both have their times and places... But they don't do same thing.

Remember, releasing the button will cause two things to happen:

1) Actuators holding the (virtual) stick in the location it was at release. You can still move it but in the real aircraft and with FFB stick there will be a force to overcome.

2) The autopilot being programmed with the aircraft attitude at release.

If you haven't let the helicopter to settle, the attitude recorded will not correspond to the (virtual) stick position. If the difference is small enough the authority of the autopilot (about 20%) will make it possible for the autopilot to hold recorded attitude. If difference is lager it can't hold it, final attitude will be different (and might very well still shange) than the one recorded and the helicopter is fighting itself internaly.

Regarding clicking method, I get the feeling we talk about different ones. Do you mean moving the stick and click ones? I'm talking about frequently clicking (about each 1/2-1/4 of a second for me). This method causes the programmed attitude to be reprogrammed at each release and it will always be within the authority of the autopilot with good margin, not causing the above mentioned fighting. Attitude shanges between clicks will be small and erratic attitude "jumps" avoided. Clicking starts before any stick movement and stops when settled in desired attitude. As I mentioned, I started using this method automatically without actively trying to and without noticing myself, and my flying became very smooth and with a higher level of control (not saying it will for everyone). Dodging incoming fire I'm holding the button.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I'm not even going to get in on this :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)