Custom kneeboards don't show

Fred00

I've been trying to use uboats radio frequency charts for the F-86F but they don't show up in the game. I've made a new folder called "DCS" in the "Saved Games" folder. In the "DCS" folder I've created a folder called "Kneeboard" and then put the bmp files in that folder. Shouldn't that work?

• ED Team

It should be like this C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\KNEEBOARD (for the open beta 1.5.1)

or C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\KNEEBOARD (for release version 1.2.16)

the only folder you need to create is the KNEEBOARD folder inside your DCS.Openbeta or DCS folder which should already be present

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have had the time to test now but it still doesn't work. The path is the following: Users/Default/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Kneeboard

In the "Kneeboard" folder is two .bmp files. However, when I test the kneeboard in for example the Mig-21 Bis they don't show up.

I have had the time to test now but it still doesn't work. The path is the following: Users/Default/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Kneeboard

In the "Kneeboard" folder is two .bmp files. However, when I test the kneeboard in for example the Mig-21 Bis they don't show up.

I'm fairly sure Default username is not accepted by DCS, I think you need to use the logged in account, eg

C:\Users\Dave\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard

Dave is the user (that's not my name btw).

Also, it's much easier if you use subfolders as well, eg:

C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\F86-F Sabre

C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\MiG-21bis

C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\A-10C