How to get P51 into flat spin

lesnyborsuk

I have no problem entering "normal" spin, but then I am not able to flatten it up.

I've tried some tips to slowly increase throttle to 50%, turn aileron opposite to rotation and pull on stick etc. but it seems I am doing something wrong.

Anyone here had some more luck and can share with some tips? :)

Thanks!

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

Although you requested the method of getting into a flat spin, I added a few steps, describing how to get out of it.

Step 1: Make sure your fuselage tank is filled to the brim.

Step 2: When in flight make sure to open your canopy before you start the maneuver.

Step 3: Pitch up to approx. 30 degrees nose high and hold it there.

Step 4: When going below 100 MPH step in the rudder pedal of your choice and roll in the opposite direction slightly.

Step 5: When the spin is stabilised, unbuckle your harness, stand up and make sure you have a firm grip.

Step 6: Carefully climb on the root of the wing.

Step 7: Jump.

And voila you entered a flat spin AND got out of it.

Although you requested the method of getting into a flat spin, I added a few steps, describing how to get out of it.

Step 1: Make sure your fuselage tank is filled to the brim.

Step 2: When in flight make sure to open your canopy before you start the maneuver.

Step 3: Pitch up to approx. 30 degrees nose high and hold it there.

Step 4: When going below 100 MPH step in the rudder pedal of your choice and roll in the opposite direction slightly.

Step 5: When the spin is stabilised, unbuckle your harness, stand up and make sure you have a firm grip.

Step 6: Carefully climb on the root of the wing.

Step 7: Jump.

And voila you entered a flat spin AND got out of it.

:megalol:

Thanks! I will try this tonight. Seems I was on good track, but need to practice input coordination... :doh: and yeah I hope to skip those 3 last points :).

I know it is hard to recover, and there are some planes in which it is just almost impossible, but is P51 one of them?

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.