After rearming Rockets, Rockets fly to the ground

After rearming, and than aiming the targets, the first few Vikhr rockets hit the target- but the last rockets I have: they fly a few 100 meters and than go suddenly to the ground and explode.

Is this a bug?

Can you fix it?

Back in the 1.X days there was a Cockpit/HUD Mod where the temperature was displayed.

Generally speaking you will have to be careful with your laser ranging/guiding shots. There is a chapter in the manual wich states the mandatory cool down phases between each shot and a longer cool down after about 10 uses (as far as I remember).

As I am currently at my mobile phone I cannot cite the corresponding chapter directly. Just search the BS2 flight manual for laser.

The mod to show the laser temperature is part of the English HUD mod:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/607269/

It passes integrity check for multiplayer, though be aware that there's no way to tell when the laser has failed aside from shooting a Vikhr and seeing it not track properly. The temperature will rise and drop normally as you're lasing even with a burnt out laser, which is most likely a bug.

If you don't do anything special with the laser, you should be able to get 2 to 2.5 engagements out of it, where an engagement means a full complement of 12 Vikhr missiles. If you micromanage it and turn it on only for rangefinding, and turn it off immediately after getting the range, and turn it off immediately after the Vikhr hits instead of waiting for the additional 6 seconds that it lases the target, then you should be able to squeeze 4-5 engagements out of it.

Despite what the manual says, from my testing it seems like you can range find infinitely, and only guiding a missile will reduce its life. Internally, there seems to be a counter that records how long you've used the laser for guiding, and once you exceed a certain amount of time, your laser is considered burned out.