DCS: Black Shark English Key Command List and HOTAS assignments

Wags

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attached are my Cougar Files for Black Shark, they still need some work but are getting there nicely.

Out

Many Thanx Polecat :)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The beauty of Blackshark is that you don't need to program your Cougar (unless you want to). The controller options area recognizes it--and you can directly map any command to any button, and any axis to any axis. I always thought it was kind of fun setting up my cougar for an upcoming sim--sort of part of the whole ceremony, for lack of a better word, of beginning a new sim. But it's so darn simple now, to just do it in Blackshark--next time I'll be opening up Foxy will be for BoB (unless it has a similiar function.)

The beauty of Blackshark is that you don't need to program your Cougar (unless you want to). The controller options area recognizes it--and you can directly map any command to any button, and any axis to any axis. I always thought it was kind of fun setting up my cougar for an upcoming sim--sort of part of the whole ceremony, for lack of a better word, of beginning a new sim. But it's so darn simple now, to just do it in Blackshark--next time I'll be opening up Foxy will be for BoB (unless it has a similiar function.)

Programming like this is fast and easy yes, but you miss so much of what makes the Cougar powerful such as multiple commands per button and advanced raw code programming. In a complex simulator like Black Shark this type of programming is a must IMHO.;)

Out

Programming like this is fast and easy yes, but you miss so much of what makes the Cougar powerful such as multiple commands per button and advanced raw code programming. In a complex simulator like Black Shark this type of programming is a must IMHO.;)

Out

Polecat, this is an interesting comment from you considering that I see your Cougar profile doesn't make use of the /U, /M, /D toggles! :) No insult or criticism intended, just gave me a chuckle. I do very much appreciate, BTW, having your profile to start with, thus saving me all the time of typing in the commands. Thanks!

Can you now move Shhval camera using the HOTAS COUGAR by assigning analogue mode to throttle's thumb stick (target designator) without this annoying recentering (LOFC bug/limitation) each time you release your finger?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

And where is the X-52pro Profile :smilewink: :music_whistling::D

Regards Intruder

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you now move Shhval camera using the HOTAS COUGAR by assigning analogue mode to throttle's thumb stick (target designator) without this annoying recentering (LOFC bug/limitation) each time you release your finger?

Not sure about assigning it to throttle's thumb stick. I chose the realistic way--and assiged them to one of the hats on the stick. Works super smooth and nicely that way.

I've never had ANY luck using the throttle's thumb mouse thing (with flight sims in the past). It has always been erratic, to say the least--despite having d/loaded files to the cougar with special programming for it. I've given up on it, and use it now (it's button function) to lock/designate targets.

Edited by BBQ

I never recenter the box when I loose the finger of T1 (radar cursor). You must have a very strange programming on your profile for FC or not working well the Cougar.

Attach the tmj you use it and we take a look.

Indeed, the Cougar can do anything you can imagine :thumbup:

Sorry for my english.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

I never recenter the box when I loose the finger of T1 (radar cursor). You must have a very strange programming on your profile for FC or not working well the Cougar.

Attach the tmj you use it and we take a look.

Indeed, the Cougar can do anything you can imagine :thumbup:

Sorry for my english.

When you have the cursor mapped as axes, then you directly move the target designator with the stick. Where you point, it will move and if you let go, the designator centers with the ministick.

If you use it as mouse, that problem doesn't occur.

To the initial question:

This bug was already confirmed to be gone with BlackShark. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you have the cursor mapped as axes, then you directly move the target designator with the stick. Where you point, it will move and if you let go, the designator centers with the ministick.

If you use it as mouse, that problem doesn't occur.

To the initial question:

This bug was already confirmed to be gone with BlackShark. :thumbup:

I did not know that, thanks to correct me :doh:. I have assigned as axes of the mouse for T1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

For Ch users, here is my Profile.

CHBS-RC6.rar

Ive tried to, as closely as possible match the real locations on the cyclic and collective.

Thank you Ice, much appreciated!:thumbup:

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64