Radar Elevation Control issue when assigning axis

• ED Team
I could imagine that you can reset the elevation IRL by pushing some button. A function you would not be able to model if you changed the axis to absolute.

Just a guess though.

It doesn't. And with an absolute axis, you can just center it: in X-52 there's a tactile notch on the elevation dial; when you reach central position, it jumps into it and requires slightly more force to move past it. Pretty sure it's similar on Cougar (both have been based on F-16 throttle, though X-52 is obviously not as exact of a replica as Cougar).

It doesn't. And with an absolute axis, you can just center it: in X-52 there's a tactile notch on the elevation dial; when you reach central position, it jumps into it and requires slightly more force to move past it. Pretty sure it's similar on Cougar (both have been based on F-16 throttle, though X-52 is obviously not as exact of a replica as Cougar).

''It doesn't'' -What do you mean?

I meant that ED cannot make a function ingame to center the radar in vertical if the radar is tied to an absolute axis.

I know you can do that with an absolute axis, but that was not my point. As for the cougar, in pretty sure that the Thrustmaster edition does not reflect the real thing in that regard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.