Can't see/join certain server(s) since 2.5 is released

QuiGon

I'm running the Open Beta and since 2.5 has been released a couple of months ago I'm not able to see the Buddyspike Caucasus-Server anymore. I can see and join the other Buddyspike-Servers (Normandy, Nevada, Korea), that have been added a few weeks ago, but not the main Caucasus one.

The server is online and running on the same version as my client (2.5.2.17559 currently). When I try to connect by IP it just says the server is offline. Maybe some other servers are affected by this as well, maybe not. Can't say for sure, as the Buddyspike servers are pretty much the only servers I play on, but the server list shows me about 70 servers atm, which seems fine.

I'm a bit clueless what causes the problem here. :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sounds almost like your DCS is confused about which version it is at.

At the moment only the Caucasus server is @ 17559. If you can't see it, but can see and join the others, you are on an older version.

Have you tried a Repair or running the updater again?

Being CPU / RAM limited i can go SP with amazing performance in Nevada / Caucasus .

MP it's now not even possible to connect.

Think i should say bye bye to DCS until i can upgrade the CPU / RAM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Sounds almost like your DCS is confused about which version it is at.

At the moment only the Caucasus server is @ 17559. If you can't see it, but can see and join the others, you are on an older version.

Have you tried a Repair or running the updater again?

Thanks, but I'm afraid my explanation was a bit missleading. When I said I can see the other three Buddyspike servers, but not the Caucasus server, then i meant the situation before the 2.5.2 update. Now with 2.5.2 I can see none of them as the Caucaus server is the only one of the four buddyspike servers that runs on 2.5.2 atm and this is the server that never shows up for me.

So a version conflict should not be the issue here. And yes, I've tried DCS Repair. I've also tried deleting the network config files in Saved Games/DCS World, but that didn't help either.

Being CPU / RAM limited i can go SP with amazing performance in Nevada / Caucasus .

MP it's now not even possible to connect.

Think i should say bye bye to DCS until i can upgrade the CPU / RAM.

Sorry, but this is a different issue and is off topic here.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks, but I'm afraid my explanation was a bit missleading. When I said I can see the other three Buddyspike servers, but not the Caucasus server, then i meant the situation before the 2.5.2 update. Now with 2.5.2 I can see none of them as the Caucaus server is the only one of the four buddyspike servers that runs on 2.5.2 atm and this is the server that never shows up for me.

So a version conflict should not be the issue here. And yes, I've tried DCS Repair. I've also tried deleting the network config files in Saved Games/DCS World, but that didn't help either.

Sorry, but this is a different issue and is off topic here.

Oops my bad sorry i posted it in the wrong thread

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

• 2 weeks later...

The problem still persists. I'm kinda clueless why I can't see or join the Buddyspike Caucasus server, while all other serves are working fine. Any help? :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

The problem still persists. I'm kinda clueless why I can't see or join the Buddyspike Caucasus server, while all other serves are working fine. Any help? :(
It's something ISP side and to do with number of slots. If I use a proxy I see the BuddySpike server, or if I load a mission with less slots on it.

Guessing the UDP packet is massive so some ISPs filter it as the proxy fixes it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

It's something ISP side and to do with number of slots. If I use a proxy I see the BuddySpike server, or if I load a mission with less slots on it.

Guessing the UDP packet is massive so some ISPs filter it as the proxy fixes it.

Thanks for the reply Ciribob, although this is bad news, as this means that I can't do anything about it basically (except switching the ISP which is not really an option) :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

Seems like you're right though as I can see the servre now with the new Persian Gulf scenario, which has less slots I pressume.

Edit: Or is this another server wih the same server name as the Caucasus server?

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the reply Ciribob, although this is bad news, as this means that I can't do anything about it basically (except switching the ISP which is not really an option) :(
Try a proxy, there are some cheap ones and they're easy to setup. That's what I'm doing now and seems to work well :)

Not ideal but easier than switching ISP!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Wouldn't that kill my ping? And anyways, the packets will still have to pass my ISP in the end before getting to me? :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wouldn't that kill my ping? And anyways, the packets will still have to pass my ISP in the end before getting to me? :huh:
Nope, generally if it's a paid proxy they have a good network. It will go up a little but not by 100s . I fly on BlueFlag with mine on.

The data over the proxy is encrypted and broken up in a different way so the ISP filtering (if that's what it is that breaks Dcs) won't affect it. Only way to be sure is give it a go, many offer free trials so if it doesn't work, nothing lost :)

• ED Team

QuiGon out of interest which ISP do you use? try contacting them to discuss your issue.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Nope, generally if it's a paid proxy they have a good network. It will go up a little but not by 100s . I fly on BlueFlag with mine on.

The data over the proxy is encrypted and broken up in a different way so the ISP filtering (if that's what it is that breaks Dcs) won't affect it. Only way to be sure is give it a go, many offer free trials so if it doesn't work, nothing lost smile.gif

I see, thanks :thumbup:

QuiGon out of interest which ISP do you use? try contacting them to discuss your issue.

My ISP is 1&1, a german ISP. I would need some kind of evidence for doing that, which I don't really have :(

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Currently the Nevada server is the only one of the Buddyspike servers I can see/join. That makes me wonder: Does the Normandy server has more slots than the Nevada server?

Tornado3 small.jpg

I just did a bigger server check using https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/gameapi/serverlist.php to check what servers I should actually see and it seems like I can't see pretty much any of the big dynamic campaign servers (e.g. Buddyspike, DDCS, ...).

While beeing pretty proficient with computers in general, I'm not that much of a network expert to figure out what is causing this issue on my own. Is there anything I can do to find out what the actual problem is?

Ciribob suggested that the problem might be the size of UDP packets caused by servers with many slots and that they are getting blocked by some ISPs. Is there any way to verify if this is actually the case?

This really is a big problem for me as these kind of servers are what I like the most in DCS and this problem keeps me away from the most fun part DCS has to offer for me :(

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, this is kinda embarrassing now. Just after I posted my previous comment I took a deep breath and mentally went through all possible things that could cause this issue. I thought about things like config files within DCS that might store outdated connection settings for servers that I have visited in the past, things like router settings, things like virus protection or firewall settings, all kind of things. All of them where either not the case (like DCS config files that store server settings) or have been things I have tested before (like anti-virus/firewall settings). But then I thought, that this issue seems so much like a typical anti-virus/firewall setting that I decided to test this again... and it suddenly worked.

Seems like I did not test this properly the first time for some reason... :doh:

I'm sorry for this thread. It was my fault in the end :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

As long as you have it figured out, thanks for letting us know :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2