Viggen additional 2/3 position (toggle) switches Mod

funkyfranky

I've incremented the version number too, if that's ok?

Great. Thanks danny :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi Franky I don't know if anybody else is getting this or not

I love the mod as it enables me to map so much more, but I came across a peculiarity with it in the latest game updates

All the existing mapped controls were/are running fine

When trying to map a new axis to the instrument lights in the controls on the main screen (the gear cog symbol at the top) it takes the axis and its recognized when I check in Axis Tune but the minute I exit the controls screen DCS crashes.

It does this for any new mapped axis to any device.

However if I go into the controls when in a mission using the escape then choosing the Adjust Controls option, it works fine

If I then go back to the controls on the main screen the updated axis is there and all is good

Just thought I'd post up in case anybody else was encountering the same thing

Fantastic work by the way, many, many thanks for the mod......................You don't happen to own the Hawk module by any chance? :music_whistling:

Edited by Weegie
Grammer

This becoming a fairly common issue, that seems to come and go, and its not restricted to the viggen.

I've done a huge keybind update for the Hawk, waiting for an update from VEAO. It was quite a while ago but will hopefully be released soon, if not I'll put it out as a mod, saves someone else doing the work

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

This becoming a fairly common issue, that seems to come and go, and its not restricted to the viggen.

I've done a huge keybind update for the Hawk, waiting for an update from VEAO. It was quite a while ago but will hopefully be released soon, if not I'll put it out as a mod, saves someone else doing the work

Ok Ok its Off Topic but that's great to hear

When I mentioned the lack of axes for the Hawk VEAO stated it would be in the next update, I think that was about 2 updates ago

With the Main Controls screen I've not had any problem up until now EXCEPT if trying to do changes to more than one aircraft at a time. Doing multiple changes to different modules and its almost a guarantee crash for me

This problem was solely trying to change one axis in the Viggen.

It may well be generic to all the Viggen axes since the last update and not to this mod.

I haven't tested that hypothesis, it was just by coincidence that it happened to be an axis added in by Franky & not one of the very limited set provided in the Beta for the Viggen

I tried it in both Beta and Alpha and it crashed both times

Edited by Weegie
Spelling

I've incremented the version number too, if that's ok?

Danny, I've added your version v0.8 to the first post :)

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Great stuff! Thanks funkyfranky. In fact, this is the very first mod I've ever used ;-)

I just use it for the buttons BX, LS and L/MÅL which nicely complement all other B1-9 and 0-9 buttons mapped to my Cougar MFDs. Setting up the Bx waypoints for the Rb-15 goes much easier now, no mouse needed at all - just what i need!

Again, thank you funkyfranky!

For some reason, most likely a typo in my folders, I cannot get this mod to work with OvGME. I have used OvGME numerous times, but for some reason, I cannot overwrite the default lua files in keyboard and joystick. So out of necessity, I just copied and pasted. Will try again later. So frustrating when this happens.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

For some reason, most likely a typo in my folders, I cannot get this mod to work with OvGME. I have used OvGME numerous times, but for some reason, I cannot overwrite the default lua files in keyboard and joystick.

Perhaps its a permissions problem .. I run Ovgme in Admin mode to prevent those, like this:

ovgme_10.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Uploaded new version v0.9 with the changes of the last DCS 1.5 update.

Additional fixes:

* Included the new CW/CCW buttons also in the joystick.lua (were only present in keyboard.lua).

* Same for the Master Volume/Sidewinder Tone.

* Added LShift modifier to the CCW button of weapon selector because of conflict with the parking brake keybinding.

• Like 1

Thanks, I have just had this module a week or so and I love it, I am hoovering up everything and anything that helps. I use a lot of modded controls with the choppers but this is great for the Viggen. Thanks for the continued support too:thumbup:

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if you have plans to update this to the latest AJS37 luas (2.1.1 and 1.5.7).

Yes, I will update the mod as promised in the first post :) I did expect changes for 1.5.7 but did not realize that we already got updates for 2.1.1 as well. Thanks for telling me :thumbup:

If not, do I have your permission to do some of the edits (though my time is so limited I don't know how long it will take)?

I'll be on vacation in Stockholm from Saturday on for a week. So if you don't hear from me until the weekend, please go ahead. Otherwise, safe your time.

But generally, no need to ask for permission. Just feel free to do the necessary changes and help the community.

Hi ... just wanted to thank both of you (funkyfranky & home fries) for your helpful efforts towards the DCS community. My joystick is programmed trough keyboard commands (an old TM Cougar) and so this Mod has been invaluable for using my Cougar with the Viggen ... really, thanks a lot :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, I will update the mod as promised in the first post :) I did expect changes for 1.5.7 but did not realize that we already got updates for 2.1.1 as well. Thanks for telling me :thumbup:

I'll be on vacation in Stockholm from Saturday on for a week. So if you don't hear from me until the weekend, please go ahead. Otherwise, safe your time.

But generally, no need to ask for permission. Just feel free to do the necessary changes and help the community.

Thanks, FunkyFranky.

I actually went on a tear and looked at some things in conjunction with my TARGET profile. Here are my results to save you some time. Note that I just remmed all radio commands since they use new devices anyway.

Enjoy, and thanks for a great mod.

AJS37 Input.zip

Hi ... just wanted to thank both of you (funkyfranky & home fries) for your helpful efforts towards the DCS community. My joystick is programmed trough keyboard commands (an old TM Cougar) and so this Mod has been invaluable for using my Cougar with the Viggen ... really, thanks a lot :)

Thanks for the compliment. The next profile version focuses heavily on the Viggen; I think you'll like it.

I have uploaded a new version (1.0). This should now be used with DCS 1.5.7 and 2.1.1. I left version 0.9 for people who use an older DCS version.

I also removed the double entries for the lights as pointed out by HF.

If you had joystick (not keyboard) commands assigned to the radio, you need to reassign them. This is since the device name has changes (TESTRADIO02 --> FR22).

There were quite a few changes on the Heatblur side. I hope everything runs smoothly. As I said, I won't be at my rig for the next week and can't make any fixes in that time. But everything I tested so far was fine :)

Dang, FF, I was hoping to catch you before release. Here's another command you can add (a discrete On/Off state for Obstacle Avoidance Mode):

{down = 3213, up = 3213, cockpit_device_id = devices.RADAR, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _("Radar Obstacle detection mode On/Off"), category = _("_My Buttons")}, 

For anyone else who wants to do a manual edit, this line works just as well in the keyboard lua as the joystick lua.

Edited by Home Fries

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All,

FunkyFranky's controller package is still compatible with 2.1.1U1. All you need to do for full functionality is add the following under the Ground Crew section of the keyboard lua file:

{combos = {{key = 'C', reformers = {'LCtrl', "LShift"}}},down = 3010, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, name = _('Select Data Cartridge - Up'), category = _('Navigation')},
{combos = {{key = 'C', reformers = {'LCtrl', "LAlt"}}},down = 3010, value_down = -1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, name = _('Select Data Cartridge - Down'), category = _('Navigation')},

All,

FunkyFranky's controller package is still compatible with 2.1.1U1. All you need to do for full functionality is add the following under the Ground Crew section of the keyboard lua file:

{combos = {{key = 'C', reformers = {'LCtrl', "LShift"}}},down = 3010, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, name = _('Select Data Cartridge - Up'), category = _('Navigation')},
{combos = {{key = 'C', reformers = {'LCtrl', "LAlt"}}},down = 3010, value_down = -1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, name = _('Select Data Cartridge - Down'), category = _('Navigation')},

Maybe stupid question, but is this valid for 1.5 as well?

I ask since I use the same _My Buttons zip with OvGME for 1.5 and 2.1

Do I need to have two versions of the zip?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5