DCS (Decreasing Combat Stress)?

Mr_Burns

Interesting video!

My understanding is that practicing threatening situations (while being safe) to perfection will create an intimate familiarity with the correct procedures. So if something were to go wrong while flying an actual aircraft in a combat zone, get shot at and have (say) your hydraulic system fail on you, you will not panic but know the emergency procedure in that case. Similarly it will also teach the correct maneouvres etc.

However while being in a stressful situation often may increase your stress tolerance somewhat, I do think there is something very different between "combat stress" (i.e. the need to respond to an immediate threat) and the type of stress you'll find in an office job (i.e. the need to deal with deadlines and targets).

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Personally, I think the point of the program is to try to help teach people how to focus under “stress” in key moments and to show them that you can maintain a certain degree of “SA” even in “life or death moments.”

Sort of a way to reinforce the “keep your head while those around you are losing theirs” concept.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com