Helios suddenly not outputting to DCS

So I suddenly have a problem where two of my Helios profiles (SA342 and UH-1H) have stopped sending output to DCS. My new F-18 profile and my A-10 profile work just fine though. EVERYTHING else in DCS and Helios seem to be working fine. Just outputs from Helios to DCS for any switch that calls to/from the export.lua file from these two profiles. A button or switch only sending plain keystrokes works fine.

Here is some info on my setup:

*Two screens, stacked one above the other.

*Most current version of DCS 2.5 is only DCS install I have

*Helios profiles based upon the wonderful Capt Zeen profiles

*Have the most current Zeen export.lua placed in SavedGames/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/

*Exports of MFDs and other viewports (MFDs, RWR, Nadir, UHF, etc) for ALL aircraft including the Gazelle and Huey work fine

*Inputs from DCS to Helios work fine. EX: If I click on any switch or button on the screen in DCS, the corresponding switch or button in Helios moves to match the setting

*Both profiles worked fine a month ago and I hadn't made any changes to them prior to the problem starting

*I have a functioning monitor setup .lua file placed in SavedGames/DCS.openbeta/Config/MonitorSetup/ that works great.

*I have used the Eagle Dynamics stand alone update tool and the repair tool. Both ran without incident.

*I have been into both Helios profiles and confirmed/reset the install path for Helios, and even clicked the Remove Helios Setup button, saved, then clicked the 'Setup Helios' button.

*I confirmed that in the Zeen modified DCS file folders for the display exports, I have the correct folders named 'aircraft' instead of 'aircrafts'. EX:...Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit

*I grabbed a new copy of the export.lua from Zeen's website and put it inSavedGames/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/.

So, I decided that I was tired of DCS constantly overwritting my work and scripts to get all of the viewports, exports, etc functioning, so I started using OvGME as a mod management tool. I can't say that the problem with the Gaz and Huey didn't exist prior to making the switch, as I have been busy with the Hornet lately. But I have only 'noticed' the problem since OvGME went in place.

I have OvGME working fine and the only thing it manages are the Zeen modifications to the aircraft displays being exported to the second screen being that the export.lua and monitor setup files are in my SavedGames folders. The problem exists with the Gaz and Huey whether I have OvGME managing the files or not.

Being that the A-10C and the F-18C are working perfectly I'm stumped. I've tried everything I can think of except for completely uninstalling DCS and starting over again... ugg. Did I probably cause this problem while setting up OvGME and getting stuff moved around correctly... it wouldn't surprise me. But I can't figure out what it would be if the F-18 works just fine... color me frustrated!

I will take any help, ideas, or assistance anyone can offer. I feel like a bomb tech who just said... 'wonder what this wire does?'... BOOM!

Thanks,

Dud

Edited by DudleyAz

If it worked perfectly... what's the fun in that? :joystick:

A fast test on the UH1H profile, and everything looks working, here.

Be sure you are using the default.lua file for the keyboard.

This profile is old and dont use direct sending commands, still uses the keys.

You can download the file from my site:

UH-1H default keys for lastest DCS versions - 29/Sep/2016 ( use it for DCS v1.5.4 +)

Hi Capt Zeen,

Yes, the default keys are still in place. Just can't figure out what is happening. I'm am going to try a fresh install I think. I must have messed with something by accident when setting up OvGME... More to follow!

Problem resolved! I apparently had corrupted something as I was doing an update prior to all of my problems. I did a fresh install of DCS and all of my problems went away. Now I have all of my files either in the Saved Games folder (when possible) or am using OvGME for any that have to be directly in the DCS World install folders. All is working perfectly! Thanks much to you Capt Zeen for your fabulous Helios profiles and for the newest export.lua!