Capt Zeen TACAN fix for A10C Cap Loz Helios profile

Hello all.

As I promiss you, here you got the TACAN fix for the A-10C Cap Loz Helios profile !

Some revisions ago, ED changed some of the A-10C device numbers, giving a new one to the TACAN panel. Thats make the Tacan panel on the helios profile, not usable anymore.

Well, i made the needed changes on the export.lua to make the conversion between the new changes and the old device numbers, so now, Helios works perfect again!

i fixed boths, input and output values, so you can use the buttons and encoders on Helios and/or cockpit, everything is syncroniced.

For some reason the first digit on the Tacan display dont look correct when the second number is 9, so i made too a new Freq display. You only need to copy it from yhe profile i prepared and paste it over the old one. ( do not cover the "X" this is still needed)

I included too, the MS 33558 font on the package. This font is the US Military standard font for aircraft instrument dials. I use it on the new Tacan display. please install this font on your system if you dont got it allready.

Files on the package:

Export.lua

A10C_TACAN_display.hpf

ms33558.ttf

readme.txt

HOW TO INSTALL THE FIX:

1 - Install the export.lua:

- Copy the export.lua to your export.lua folder. Remember to include first, all the added comands you got in your actual export.lua, like the simpleradio lines, tacview lines, etc.

With this export, everythings works again, but there is a problem with the first digit on the frequency, when the second digit is "9", so if you want to fix this too, follow the next steps.

2 - Install the Font:

- Install the MS 33558 font on your windows fonts. I used in the new display, too look more military.

3 - New TACAN display:

-Open the Helios editor profiles and load the A10C_TACAN_display.hpf profile. There is the new tacan display panel. Select it and copy it with CTRL+C (do not close this profile editor window)

-Open now, another helios profile editor, and load your cap Loz A-10c profile. On the right panel looks for the "Right console" panel, unblock the lock in case is closed, make it visible, clicking on the eye, and double click over the panel itself. This open the Right console panel.

-Click once again over the panel, and now you can paste the new display with CTRL+V.

-Move now, the new TACAN display and put it over the old one, scale the new one if you needed, but dont cover the "X" letter from the old one, only the tree digits.

Save the profile, and thats all !

I am goint to prepare a video for this, but meanwhile you can use those instructions!

Hope you like it !!

Download the fix from my site, as usual.

Edited by Capt Zeen

Capt Z

I was able to successfully install your radio fix, but this one seems to give me some trouble.

Problems in the stable version of 1.5 using your new export file:

In Helios, clicking on the switch does not change the x/y, but clicking on the switch in the game cockpit does change the x/y and is reflected in Helios.

In the game cockpit, the first 2 digits work fine and are reflected correctly in Helios, but if you use Helios to try and change the first 2 digits, most times it does not work and seems to cause the mode switch to go from T/R to A/TR.

If no one else is having these issues, then I will assume that it is me and will wait for your video.

P.S. I recall that for the radio fix, we had to delete the old numbers. Your instructions did not mention that. Correct?

Edited by sobe
added PS

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I tested again in DCS release and DCS beta, and works fine.

In this fix, you dont need to delete the old numbers, we needed for the X and Y display.

I dont changed the way CapLoz made the selectors, switches and encoders. They are in sweep mode, so you need to press over the button, and then sweep with the mouse, left or right.

As i tell you before, here works fine in both versions.

Tried again and no joy so I will wait for your video. It does work from the game to Helios but not the other way.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Attached are my hpf and layout files for Loz

Capt Z

Thanks for taking a look at my files. I have attached the hpf and layout files for my Loz profile. The profile seems to work for everything, including the radio, except for the tacan panel. The profile is set up for two 1920x1080 screens.

Sobe

Loz Aug 5 tacan fix hpf.zip

Loz Aug 5 tacan fix layout.zip

Capt Z

Your change did the trick for all the tacan dials except that right clicking the x/y dial does not change it in Helios, but right clicking in the game works. Perhaps this is the same "binding of the encoders to a direct keyboards, instead of using the original A10C interface commands." that you corrected for the tacan numbers. Could you explain to me how you change from direct keyboard to the original A10c interface commands?

BTW, when my tacan controls did not work, I set up the keyboard and throttle buttons in the game controls pages to attempt to get the Helios tacan panel to work. When I applied your changes, I deleted my keyboard and throttle commands. Could that have caused the issue?

• 4 months later...

HOW TO INSTALL THE FIX:

1 - Install the export.lua:

- Copy the export.lua to your export.lua folder. Remember to include first, all the added comands you got in your actual export.lua, like the simpleradio lines, tacview lines, etc.

With this export, everythings works again, but there is a problem with the first digit on the frequency, when the second digit is "9", so if you want to fix this too, follow the next steps.

Hello Capt Zeen,

Seems like your option can work, but I have no idea how you mix the 2 export.lua files.

Your lua file is much bigger that the one in DCS World2 OpenAlpha/Scripts/Export

I do have installed SRS, but I don't know how to combine all these lua codes in one file.

So that my TACAN works normaly in the A-10C cockpit.

I'm not interessted in the Helios software because I fly in VR with a Rift.

Once again, how do I mix the in game Export.lua with yours?

(I use Note ++) Do you have a video in the planning: "How to fix the A-10C Tacan" ?

Thanks, Danzer :helpsmilie:

Edited by Danzer

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

Hi Capt Zeen,

I place a little video here, so you can see what's really my problem with the TACAN.

Edited by Danzer

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

OMG, I'm making such a fuss out of nothing.

I got it now, I can dail the third number in the TACAN panel..

1qs9myY.jpg

:blush: :tomato:

• 1 month later...

You are correct. I noticed this years ago so I set a switch on the WH throttle panel to put the ILS off and on by using Shift >flow right switch so it does not upset the regular commands . I use the lever on the joystick as the shift key in DCS.