Wingmen won't respond grrr

GazAce

I'm having this problem lately where my wingmen won't respond to me. I tried AM , FM and even the Interphone thing. Was it something I said!? The text in the Radio list top right of my screen is not greyed out either so I don't why he doesn't respond. I used to fly with easy communication on but now I want to get the hang of setting the right frequencies and I'm learning to use all three of my Radios correctly but I think there's something I'm missing. Is there a way of finding out what frequency he is using or does my radio tune into his by default? Anyway it's starting to get lonely up there but more importantly not helping me blow !#%^* uphelpsmilie.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

In the stock missions, wingmen are usually on UHF (MIC switch down on the throttle) and on the same frequency that the player aircraft is already on.

Some other missions list frequencies in the briefing. In that case you need to know the frequency ranges for the radios:

116.00 to 151.975 MHz: VHF AM (aka front, aka Alpha Mike, Mic Switch Forward)

225.000 to 399.975 MHz: UHF (aka mid, aka Uniform, Mic Switch Down)

30.000 to 76.000 MHz: VHF FM (aka aft, aka Fox Mike, Mic Switch Aft)

Always check the radio menu and make sure that it shows the correct radio.

Thanks guys, appreciate that but I forgot to mention I can't get the UHF option using my Mic switch. I was trying last night and the only settings available are Mic switch fwd for VHF AM and mic switch aft for VHF FM but when I use dwn Mic switch for UHF, nothing happens which is probably why I can't reach my wingman. I'm thinking maybe need to re map that function when I get home tonight.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

This issue is now resolved, just needed remapping, thanks kindly to all who helped. Cheers G