KA50 ABRIS in Normandy Map 1944

From Matt´s streaming videos i think yes. But not sure.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So I heard that the A10C won't get the moving map working for the Normandy map. Am I right to assume that the BlackShark won't have a functional moving map either on the ABRIS? :cry:

ah that a damn shame they wont make a moving map for it at least somewhere down the line.

Its going to take from enjoyment from flying modern aircraft in normandy if we cant enjoy modern mapping navigation :(

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

ooops...that's a show stopper for me then !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

i am "carefuly" sure that at least the a10c's map can be modded in. The abris on the other hand is an entirely different beast...

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I'm pretty sure he said the ABRIS would work as it uses the built in F10/Editor map.

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, that's what I heard from Matt aswell. Abris should work.

It was during a video where he was answering questions about the moving map in the a-10. He said the a-10 won't have a map of Normandy, but the abris of the ka-50 should just work, due to it using mission editor information.

Edited by fixen

I don't mean to be a naysayer and I generally like to be positive but JTAC calls are often the only hope for finding targets in the A10C with the current state of modeling in the TGP. Also, the ability to communicate targets with flightmates will be severely curtailed. With things the way they are, it takes a "village" to clear an area. I do hope this gets an update for without it one of the more interesting and important functions in the A10 will be lost. It makes me tearful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, IT IS a wwii era map, although I know people want to and will fly modern aircraft on the Normandy map. Just remember, it really is meant for wwii. Just food for thought.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

The Ka-50 will get a map for its AMMS, as it is based on the ingame map. The A-10C won't get a map for its TAD, as its based on real maps.

Thanks Sryan. I assume you tried with the early access map? This is great news.

The Normandy map is supposed to take place in 1944, but it will be the most awesome map for helicopter operations ever in DCS. It is eargerly waited by the rotorheads community thanks to the trees new properties.

Thanks Sryan. I assume you tried with the early access map? This is great news.

The Normandy map is supposed to take place in 1944, but it will be the most awesome map for helicopter operations ever in DCS. It is eargerly waited by the rotorheads community thanks to the trees new properties.

No I haven't tried it personally. I was wondering the same thing and asked it for Wags' recent Q&A. Wags was kind enough to answer this question a moment after the 3:00 minute mark of this video.

• Like 1

Check my F-15C guide