Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

How long after ordering the T50-CM can I expect it to ship?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That`s a good question. I placed an order at the Virpil shop (actually it were two orders) on the 22th of Feb. and still waiting for shipping.

Edit: ok, had a closer look at the shop and found this:

Processing of the order (packing, customs clearance and dispatch) takes 10-14 working days.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

That`s a good question. I placed an order at the Virpil shop (actually it were two orders) on the 22th of Feb. and still waiting for shipping.

Edit: ok, had a closer look at the shop and found this:

Still waiting my order to ship, maybe im just too used how fast things happen here in Finland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You know what pisses my off about the Desk Mount? The empty space between the stick base and the desk. I thought it would be a great place for some additional controls! At first I thought about using some Microchip's PIC (I worked a lot with assembler on 8/16 bits microcontrollers) then I've found Arduino and I've discovered a whole new world (screw you single register 8-bit PIC! :D ).

This is the current result, I'm waiting for the delivery of the rotary encoders (ETA end of March / beginning of April) then I'll open a proper thread in the DIY area of the forum (that's why there's so much empty space in the top box).

IMG-20180304-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180304-WA0000.jpg

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Slick!

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

You know what pisses my off about the Desk Mount? The empty space between the stick base and the desk. I thought it would be a great place for some additional controls! At first I thought about using some Microchip's PIC (I worked a lot with assembler on 8/16 bits microcontrollers) then I've found Arduino and I've discovered a whole new world (screw you single register 8-bit PIC! :D ).

This is the current result, I'm waiting for the delivery of the rotary encoders (ETA end of March / beginning of April) then I'll open a proper thread in the DIY area of the forum (that's why there's so much empty space in the top box).

:thumbup:

Very impressive!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

please drop a link here once you started. I always keep up to date with this thread. Awsome! you lalsmost make me want to buy a virpil mounting solution even though I have my own mounting mechanism in place.

well I guess I'm stuck with the soft center cams. I tried to swap them out, but the damn locktight is so set that there is no way. Sat with my soldering iron for 5 minutes trying to heat up the screw and still no way it moved, my screwdriver started to strip the head.

Assinine the amount of locktight they use.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

well I guess I'm stuck with the soft center cams. I tried to swap them out, but the damn locktight is so set that there is no way. Sat with my soldering iron for 5 minutes trying to heat up the screw and still no way it moved, my screwdriver started to strip the head.

They said use a hair drier on the screws to help loosen it. Yea it's a bad idea to force it, don't want to strip the screw.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

My soldering iron should be hotter than a hair dryer and even after 5 minutes it wouldn't budge.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

One of my screws sat particularly tight. I ended up using one of these to remove it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pcs-Screw-Extractor-Set-Drill-Bits-Broken-Damaged-Bolt-Remover-Accessories-Kit/272437202884?hash=item3f6e85cfc4:g:sNsAAOSw5cNYG8ZQ

Luckily two extra screws were provided with the stick.

Looks like I'll have to buy myself a set like that just in case. I'd be worried something would get damaged otherwise.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

When did you place your order? At the start of Jan we scrapped the Locktite that was previously being used and swapped to a different compound that is intended specifically for serviceable parts and we haven't heard of any issues since!

Shoot me an email at support@virpil.com and we'll try to get you sorted out! :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I ordered my T50-CM 9 days ago and STILL haven't received a shipping notice. Why then am I so happy?? Cuz the grip arrived today.

Nice surprise.

JUST CHOPPERS

I ordered my T50-CM 9 days ago and STILL haven't received a shipping notice. Why then am I so happy?? Cuz the grip arrived today.

Nice surprise.

Dang, guess you guys didn't get as bad as we did down here (ny,pa,nj tri state) with the snow storm today.

So who took over shipping, ups? was it a signature req for ya?

Got here before the weather.

It was a drive by delivery so don't know who took over.

JUST CHOPPERS

Yesterday I received a shipping info from Virpil shop for the T-50 base after two weeks since I ordered. I made a second order at the same day for the desk mount and asked them via mail if it would be possible to combine those two orders and ship them together. I got an answer that this request will be forwarded to the delivery department. But sadly status of my second order is still "in progress", so I think I will get two shipments.

What surprises me more is the fact, that if you order Virpil products on Amazon Germany they will be send from Lithuania and you don`t have to pay taxes. If you order directly on the Virpil shop it will be send from Belarus and you have to pay taxes. Why isn`t it possible to organize shipments to the EU always from Lithuania?

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Why isn`t it possible to organize shipments to the EU always from Lithuania?

Those products alredy passed through customs and their price includes VAT. Not the case if you order from the Belarus shop.

Yes, you can use the Warthog grip with the T-50 base. That´s what a lot of people do. I´m also planning to use the Warthog grip with the Virpil base.

Differences are listed on the shop side of Virpil:

CM-version:

• Russian Button Labels
  • Remodeled Brake Lever
  • Remodeled Flip Trigger
  • Remodeled Buttons
  • Black Hats, Main Trigger and Wrist Rest

Hi guys I have two questions :

Is it possible to put a warthog grip on the T-50 base ?

Yes and it's very easy and quick. I use the TM WH grip when I fly the A-10C or the KA-50, and the T-50 grip with most other planes. No need for any adapter, no tinkering. Sometimes I swap them during the mission (unplug the USB cable though during the swap).

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes, you can use the Warthog grip with the T-50 base. That´s what a lot of people do. I´m also planning to use the Warthog grip with the Virpil base.

Differences are listed on the shop side of Virpil:

CM-version:

• Russian Button Labels
  • Remodeled Brake Lever
  • Remodeled Flip Trigger
  • Remodeled Buttons
  • Black Hats, Main Trigger and Wrist Rest

How is it remodeled ? I am trying to figure if it is worth the extra cost ?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk