KA-50 Losing Laser Target Capability

GAJ52

When I need to re-arm I've learned to just hit an engine extinguisher after I land and repair. It will reset the laser to new even if it isn't burned out. No sense re-arming, flying all the way back out to have it fail on the second missile...

Now there is something I didn't see coming! For clarification purposes, what is your procedure for rearming and more specifically, when are you hitting a fire extinguisher button that makes this actually work?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 2 months later...

Hey ppl!

I recommend downloading Devrim's english HUD mod.

Mod will bring all english text, but also it will enable laser temperature indicator on hud.

If laser is close to overheat it will automatically shut down laser for it to cool down.

After installing this mod i haven't had any issues with laser anymore.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93618

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]             

http://dcsfinland.fi

Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö

When I need to re-arm I've learned to just hit an engine extinguisher after I land and repair. It will reset the laser to new even if it isn't burned out. No sense re-arming, flying all the way back out to have it fail on the second missile...

Since I have waited long enough for a response and did not receive one, did find this to be a successful procedure? I did not try it yet myself as I was unsure of the specifics.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hey ppl!

I recommend downloading Devrim's english HUD mod.

Mod will bring all english text, but also it will enable laser temperature indicator on hud.

If laser is close to overheat it will automatically shut down laser for it to cool down.

After installing this mod i haven't had any issues with laser anymore.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93618

Mod doesn't change the laser behavior or overheating at all. It's only cosmetics.

Since I have waited long enough for a response and did not receive one, did find this to be a successful procedure? I did not try it yet myself as I was unsure of the specifics.

It's simple: You want to get a fresh laser, but nothing else is damaged? Repair option is not available. So you press those red fire extinguisher buttons to create some more damage. Et voila: Repair works.

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok, so Mod does NOT automatically shut down laser so it cools down.

Use fire extinguishers after landing for rearm, the do a Rearm & Repair and you get a fresh laser. Thanks,

I'm pretty sure RedShot was just referring to the standard behavior of the laser. I use the mod for temperature indication as well and I found that it helps immensely for temperature management which does greatly extend the life of the emitter. A good thing to do is map the laser reset button to your HOTAS so that you can keep the time the laser is active to a bare minimum. As soon as you range a target, hit the reset. Same goes for the second your missile hits - the countdown after ranging and firing is actually the time until the laser disengages - don't wait for it to finish counting down.

The range-and-reset process is pretty useful for when you're up against a hostile aircraft where you'll probably be firing the laser in quick succession as you try to get a lock.

Even if you don't like the idea of the temp readout due to realism, it's probably worth at least checking it out just so that you can get a feel for this behavior.

ok, so Mod does NOT automatically shut down laser so it cools down.

Use fire extinguishers after landing for rearm, the do a Rearm & Repair and you get a fresh laser. Thanks,

Mod will indeed pause laser if its close to overheat. An HUD indication "PAUSE" will apper when laser is being cooled down.

laserheat.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]             

Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö

Alrighty then,,,,,,

Mod will indeed pause laser if its close to overheat. An HUD indication "PAUSE" will apper when laser is being cooled down.

laserheat.jpg

This normaly should happen without the Mod aswell.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

This normaly should happen without the Mod aswell.

Agreed. But it wont't always and you will end up with broken laser.

It's a problem that ppl have to break working machine in order to fix the laser.

I'v been happy with the mod. It's solves the problem, without any issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]             

Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö

The laser is only good for a certain amount of lasing cycles, no matter if or if not there is a cool down period between the cycles (and afaik, there is always a cool down period, no matter if with or wirhtout that mod).

There are some threads around here covering this topic in more detail and the manual has some info as well, iirc.

It's a problem that ppl have to break working machine in order to fix the laser.

I'v been happy with the mod. It's solves the problem, without any issues.

You can add 5 seconds to the Stock HUDs Cooldown after it has become 0 and you are good to go with the same.

The Mod has no effect to the lasers behaviour.

Just try to make as less use as possible to the lasers range find cycle.

3 seconds distance measuring +5 seconds cooldown till the Countdown is zero again.

As an example if there are many Targets close to each other try just to lase the distance once.

Fire the next ATGMs without tracking the next target and get it tracked while the missile is in flight or Track the next Target before the Beamride laser channel gets to zero (Time left after impact).

And for sure the use of the Gun is often stress to the Laser.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom