Activation and crash issue

deskoilot

WTF is going on with DCS. I purchased the KA-50 a long time ago and than up dated to BS-2, now after "TRYING" to get back into DCS and having only 4 more activations left, when I "TRY" to open DCS I get a message that (DCS; A-10 WARTHOG has stopped working) WTF. I don't have the A-10 and I don't really care if it is not working, I want The BS-2 To work!!!

Dissapointed Deskoilot!

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Don't worry about the activations for now. After you used your last one you will get a new one after one month, so you will never be locked out of the product you bought permanently, and if something freaky happens, you can always try to shoot an email to support.

try pressing the windows key on your keyboard and type in "DCS update", or "DCS Repair" and see if the problem persists.

Check my F-15C guide

Hi deskoilot,

The Mods here will need more info to help you out. Things like your antivirus program you use, some can give DCS trouble.

Also attach your logs.How to Attach your DCS logs to posts

Have you download installed the latest DCS 1.5 like Kayos mentioned? From here or are you using the steam version?

DCS Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• ED Team

Hi please let us know what version you are currently using

attaching your dcs.log is the easiest way, a guide is in my signature.

also your system spec would be helpful.

As mentioned above DCS World 1.5 is the latest version and modules are installed via the module manager ingame and can be downloaded here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/

an earlier version of dcsworld can be used if your system spec is not up to minimum, bare in mind these versions are no longer supported or getting updates

A guide for using the last dx9 version 1.2.16 can be found at the bottom of this link

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/

Individual versions of modules are no longer supported

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't want DSC World installed, I only want to install the KA-50. Can this be done??

deskoilot

If you are using the BS 2.0 update version you need to install and Activate BS 1.0 before installing the BS 2.0 update.

Also there is no reason to prefer the Standalone Version of DCS over DCS World that i can see.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

ok, My system is Win-7 HP, sp-1 Intel® core 2 cpu 6600@2.40GHz 2.39GHz, Memory 2.00GB, 32 bit os. This system is the one I want to use for testing and learning. My game system is 64 bit os and I don't have a problem at this time with that system. So I guess BS-2 can't be operated unless DCS World is installed? Is that right. I am using DCS 1.2.3 on my game computer now. I uninstalled DCS from my 32 bit system.

So I guess BS-2 can't be operated unless DCS World is installed? Is that right.

This is pretty much correct. Black Shark 2 is DCS World only and has no connection anymore to DCS Black Shark Standalone. As Isegrim mentioned, you need to install and activate the original Black Shark, and then install the BS2 update module.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Also you might change the thread title to get more views from people looking to solve problems... I initially thought this was a thread posting about how great DCS is...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)