Possible to have jets make a single, high speed bombing pass?

TheHighwayman

When I ask jets of any sort to make a bombing run, they invariably turn into bumblebees and perform an elaborate dance before running in and releasing their munitions.

However, I am interested in learning how to make a jet make a single, high-speed pass over a large target, and drop a payload without dancing around. All business, no belly dancing.

For the moment, I am gaming the editor, and having aircraft simply overfly the target, and then they exit a target zone, the target is set to explode. But there's no bomb dropping, just straight flying by the attacker.

Is it possible to have the AI make a straight, high-speed, precision bombing pass?

Thanks!

Another thing to do is extend your IP to TGT distance to greater than 15-20NM.

Look at the attached mission file setup. The B-1B bombs a runway. I think this is what you want to do.

B-1B

640 KIAS

500 AGL

84 Mk-82

B-1_Bombing_Run.miz

Edited by Backy 51
Added miz file

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I find the waypoint which tells them to bomb something needs to be a way out from the target area. Then they will line up on the target and bomb it. You may also want to set the reaction to threat (set option menu under advanced waypoint option) to No reaction. The default is always abort mission for some reason.

Here we go:

Bombing_by_Group_of_AI_works_this_way.miz

Its not the miz from the video, I didn't find the correct one.

But this type is very similar.

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1