"Mover" gives his thoughts - Part 2

CobaltUK

Early Access DCS F-16 Viper PART TWO: Advanced Handling, ILS, Flameout Patterns, and Landing

Edited by CobaltUK

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

Good deal...nice to watch...and appreciated

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

For those of us unable to watch, any takeaway from this? Good, bad, indifferent?

I'd say indifferent but I think he's reserving judgement based on it's early access state. He did say in part 1 it's a little slow so there's that.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

For those of us unable to watch, any takeaway from this? Good, bad, indifferent?

This video was mostly ILS, touch and goes, and pattern work, he doesn't give much feedback good or bad, but it all seems pretty close to what he expects to happen, so if there's nothing bad worth mentioning I take that as good.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 2 weeks later...
What is the take-away for now? Is it time to pull the trigger?

I think the next update will bring a lot of functionality to the Viper and make it a capable A2A platform, with TWS and datalink working now. It'll also add the centerline tank and external lights. There is still a lot (quite a lot) of stuff missing, namely several DED and MFD pages, as well as some A2A radar modes, EEGS Level 5 (but I read it's close) and of course the A2G radar. From A2G weapons, you have unguided bombs and rockets and from PGMs, you only have the GBU-12; the Maverick, JDAM, JSOW and HARM are still not there.

But the development rate is quite fast, since a lot of the groundwork was done before, for the Hornet.

This is just my opinion, of course. You can (and should) make up your mind based on the above and maybe look around the forum for other opinions.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro